sharetrader
Page 139 of 852 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 8517
    percy

Here it is again.

I'm clinging on to my convertible bonds like a sick terrier that's slightly underwater but determined to extract a feed from this potentially juicy bone.
    There must be some goodness down somewhere in this bone if I just keep clinging on...maybe its deep down in the marrow with this one and I have to cling on all the way to maturity to extract the goodness.
    SP starting to look a little encouraging...
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-05-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm clinging on to my convertible bonds like a sick terrier that's slightly underwater but determined to extract a feed from this potentially juicy bone.
    There must be some goodness down somewhere in this bone if I just keep clinging on...maybe its deep down in the marrow with this one and I have to cling on all the way to maturity to extract the goodness.
    SP starting to look a little encouraging...
    FY 17 coming out at the end of this month. Has been signaled but profit up and things looking good. Will be interesting to see if quarterly div is at 4 cents or if they raise it to 5. The commentary looking forward may give a more accurate picture.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    FY 17 coming out at the end of this month. Has been signaled but profit up and things looking good. Will be interesting to see if quarterly div is at 4 cents or if they raise it to 5. The commentary looking forward may give a more accurate picture.
    This year steady.
    Next year gang busters,so watch the commentary.

Time to rename this thread to TRA?

Got this morning a slight shock when discovering that 6% of my portfolio seemed to have disappeared over night without trace, but it was just the stupid renaming of TNR to TRA. ANZ Securities moved (correctly) my holding from TNR to TRA, but given that there was in their database no previous trade under TRA they put the value of the share down to Naught. Naughty - isn't it? Ah well, I assume this one will fix itself this morning.

However - really wondering who gets a kick out of the renaming of securities ... this one will just mean that trend charts and other databases won't work properly with this stock for another handful of months (at best) or years to come. Very annoying. Any idea where we can register our displeasure about the senseless renaming of securities?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Time to rename this thread to TRA?

Got this morning a slight shock when discovering that 6% of my portfolio seemed to have disappeared over night without trace, but it was just the stupid renaming of TNR to TRA. ANZ Securities moved (correctly) my holding from TNR to TRA, but given that there was in their database no previous trade under TRA they put the value of the share down to Naught. Naughty - isn't it? Ah well, I assume this one will fix itself this morning.

However - really wondering who gets a kick out of the renaming of securities ... this one will just mean that trend charts and other databases won't work properly with this stock for another handful of months (at best) or years to come. Very annoying. Any idea where we can register our displeasure about the senseless renaming of securities?
    Agree with you there BP, it happens a lot in Australia too. Its annoying and to me sometimes seems senseless and a waste of money.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Agree with you there BP, it happens a lot in Australia too. Its annoying and to me sometimes seems senseless and a waste of money.
    Aussie.
    I hate to admit it,but
    I don't know what some of the companies I own are.After about 4 changes of name I am lost.
    Every now and again I get notification of a caital raise,then I have to figure out who,what,when,how I have those shares?
    Latest one was MMI who were selling off small holdings.Looked at their announcements,and decided to add to my holding,saving been sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Aussie.
    I hate to admit it,but
    I don't know what some of the companies I own are.After about 4 changes of name I am lost.
    Every now and again I get notification of a caital raise,then I have to figure out who,what,when,how I have those shares?
    Latest one was MMI who were selling off small holdings.Looked at their announcements,and decided to add to my holding,saving been sold out.
    Its called getting old Percy You've got to start work on that bucket list mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Its called getting old Percy You've got to start work on that bucket list mate.
    Yes you know you are old when your doctor says your back is what we expect of some one your age,and your right hip is worn out.!!
    Not much left in the bucket list.Hope to visit Adelaide next year,or the year after on the way back from visiting my brother in Hobart.
    Travelled the world when I was young,lived in London for two years,raced slow cars and chased fast women.
    Contented.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes you know you are old when your doctor says your back is what we expect of some one your age,and your right hip is worn out.!!
    Not much left in the bucket list.Hope to visit Adelaide next year,or the year after on the way back from visiting my brother in Hobart.
    Travelled the world when I was young,lived in London for two years,raced slow cars and chased fast women.
    Contented.
    Fair enough Percy. Get a couple of these for companionship in your retirement years and you're all sorted https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...A8&FORM=IQFRBA