sharetrader
Page 290 of 844 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 8435

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    If Turners have a solid reputation for being a great employer they should not be having difficulty finding great sales people. That said - working out of a container does not give an impression of being a great Employer. Even TooCheapCars work out of something more permanent.
    Looking at everyday brands it doesn't matter whether its a dealership representing Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda Toyota, whatever...they all have decent quality working environments with good customer lounges, coffee machines e.t.c. e.t.c I really don't know about this whole converted shipping container idea...to me its analogous to stapling the annual report together rather than binding it properly, its really down-market and doesn't leave a good impression. That said I am cognisant that I do not fit Turners target market so maybe it doesn't matter to customers and they're happy to get a fair car for a good price rather than be the ones effectively paying for the higher overheads of other dealers ? 60% of cars sold by Turners are for less than $10K and the vast majority of those are bought with finance Hmmmm...maybe that is the converted shipping container sales office end of the market and Todd Hunter knows that end of the market much better than I do ?
    That still leaves the HR problem possibly exacerbated by the working environment doesn't it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Some very nice "container homes' on Google.,;container homes nz.
    Makes very good sense to me.
    Perhaps someone could ask at the agm what is causing the delay.

IMO

Yep keep jawboning it down Roger inner relentless negative obsessive way that i sadly thought you'd overcome, Heartland all over again anyone?. What is your price point buy that you've set by the way.This is the only conclusion i can come too by your posting going on here. Gnawing at bones alright.

Just trying to understand why the SP is getting smashed like everyone else on here JT. I am not short and do hold some unlike HBL at that time. It will be interesting to see if the previous long term support level of $2.80 holds.
    I have decided to convert bonds to shares which will be an out of the money conversion based on the current spot SP by my calculations.
    If could be value at the current price if management give assurance that they are on track to meet FY19 guidance. Maybe that's all the market needs to hear at the annual meeting, what do you think ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yep keep jawboning it down Roger inner relentless negative obsessive way that i sadly thought you'd overcome, Heartland all over again anyone?. What is your price point buy that you've set by the way.This is the only conclusion i can come too by your posting going on here. Gnawing at bones alright.
    Relax ...

It is always good to hear about both sides of the medal - and I guess given the current SP I don't think that Roger is alone with some concerns.

The value of these discussion forums is to hear about both sides of a story, not just the cheerleaders version. Feel free to tell us about the amazing opportunities this share offers (and I don't mean that in jest).

If you don't like to hear about risks - than I do recommend the ostrich method ;

Discl: I am holding ... and hope I do have a balanced view on both sides of the medal;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

[QUOTE=Beagle;729023 It could be value at the current price if management give assurance that they are on track to meet FY19 guidance. Maybe that's all the market needs to hear at the annual meeting, what do you think ?[/QUOTE]

In fact it would be "outstanding" value if directors/management state their strategy and FY19 guidance is on track at the agm.
    Altogether the agm is looking to be a lively event.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    In fact it would be "outstanding" value if directors/management state their strategy and FY19 guidance is on track at the agm.
    Altogether the agm is looking to be a lively event.
    I might go along and save some barking and gnawing on bones till then Definitely worth asking whether they're on track to meet previous guidance and I won't be rolling over like a tame labrador and taking a we can't confirm or deny lightly. If they can't confirm, why not ? Might get some good barking in about the directors fees increase too !
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just trying to understand why the SP is getting smashed like everyone else on here JT. I am not short and do hold some unlike HBL at that time. It will be interesting to see if the previous long term support level of $2.80 holds.
    I have decided to convert bonds to shares which will be an out of the money conversion based on the current spot SP by my calculations.
    If could be value at the current price if management give assurance that they are on track to meet FY19 guidance. Maybe that's all the market needs to hear at the annual meeting, what do you think ?
    It's just part of the game IMHO. There was always a good chance the price was going to get pushed down to lower the conversion price (similar thing happened to BLT in 2012 which favoured an entity associated with a director - I'm not saying this is the case with TRA).

What would be interesting is if we knew the bigger holders of the convertible bonds (who has the most to gain).

I find it difficult to apply normal TA to TRA due to the large dilutionary effects that have been happening the last 3 years.

There WILL be a profit upgrade at the AGM ...you read it here first
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There WILL be a profit upgrade at the AGM ...you read it here first
    Couta price target of $3.83 says it's undervalued so you must be right.Lol.