sharetrader
Page 28 of 899 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Noodles - the nzdusd rates in your spreadsheet, where did you get them from?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Noodles - the nzdusd rates in your spreadsheet, where did you get them from?
    http://www.nzforex.co.nz/forex-tools...-average-rates
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Thanks

Wouldn't want to get back to 2001 levels would we

I know of several outfits that had a reliance on imported goods really suffering and losing money from drastically reduced margins.

Comes down to pricing power and many cant recover all the extra costs or maintain margins.
    Last edited by winner69; 05-07-2015 at 09:20 AM.

percy

Thanks

Wouldn't want to get back to 2001 levels would we

I know of several outfits that had a reliance on imported goods really suffering and losing money from drastically reduced margins.

Comes down to pricing power and many cant recover all the extra costs or maintain margins.
    And all the time overheads such as rents,wages,compliance,rates and insurance just keep on increasing.
    Be aware that HLG are taking on a possibly very risking related party lease in central ChCh.If I were a shareholder I would not be comfortable with it.
    Last edited by percy; 05-07-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And all the time overheads such as rents,wages,compliance,rates and insurance just keep on increasing.
    Be aware that HLG are taking on a possibly very risking related party lease in central ChCh.If I were a shareholder I would not be comfortable with it.
    That's going to be a big building eh - quite impressive and will be real flag ship stores for them. About 1000sm is quite a bit of floor space

Good that the likes of Glasson are building these complexes in Chch though

percy

That's going to be a big building eh - quite impressive and will be real flag ship stores for them. About 1000sm is quite a bit of floor space

Good that the likes of Glasson are building these complexes in Chch though
    Fantastic news for CHCH agreed.
    However if I were still a retailer, or a shareholder of a retailer, I would much prefer to be located somewhere where there were customers.
    Be a good many years before any central ChCh retailer sees sufficient customers, to make a retail store profitable.There is a lack of parking which is unacceptable ,and still very few businesses in central ChCh.Shoppers have also been well served by suburban malls.
    New building standards mean new buildings are costing a great deal more to construct.Landlords need huge rents to make construction viable.Retailers will struggle.Think of KRK trying to stay in business,moving into a lovely new building,and paying three times the rent they used to pay.!!!
    ps.I know KRK are giving up the struggle.
    Anthony Gough is struggling to get tenants for his bars.Says he is not putting up the rents from the previously huge amounts he charged for worn out old buildings.He will be lucky to attract tenants at half those rents in my opinion.
    Last edited by percy; 05-07-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Fantastic news for CHCH agreed.
    However if I were still a retailer, or a shareholder of a retailer, I would much prefer to be located somewhere where there were customers.
    Be a good many years before any central ChCh retailer sees sufficient customers, to make a retail store profitable.There is a lack of parking which is unacceptable ,and still very few businesses in central ChCh.Shoppers have also been well served by suburban malls.
    New building standards mean new buildings are costing a great deal more to construct.Landlords need huge rents to make construction viable.Retailers will struggle.Think of KRK trying to stay in business,moving into a lovely new building,and paying three times the rent they used to pay.!!!
    ps.I know KRK are giving up the struggle.
    Shareholders Association not impressed with HLG disclosures around this and their 'lack of transparency'

Roger, even mentioned the words 'poor governance'

percy

Shareholders Association not impressed with HLG disclosures around this and their 'lack of transparency'

Roger, even mentioned the words 'poor governance'
    NZSA are correct in my opinion to be concerned.

Assuming HLG have some sort of forward hedging matrix for imported stock, they'll have it all over the foreign based on-line retailers currently, as the NZD price effect changes with every update of the spot price. Our young 'uns might even venture into a store!

baabaa - I liked the cycles on your chart, very cyclical weren't they

On a very long term chart one could say that HLG is still in a uptrend

Also forming a wedge - I reckon in 2022 the share price will have a go at breaking through $5.50 again

Well get there, eventually. Just pick up the divies along the way
    Attached Images Attached Images