sharetrader
Page 80 of 899 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Would you mind moving that tree, it's shadow is a bother

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    ... As I think Tiger explained the other day that activity breeds activity, ...
    Nope, was not me.

Now if it read "inactivity breeds inactivity" then I could take credit for it.

Back to the lounger by the pool.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Nope, was not me.

Now if it read "inactivity breeds inactivity" then I could take credit for it.

Back to the lounger by the pool.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Oops... Percy!

Part of Regi earlier post -

.....we cannot ignore Glasson's classy revamp which will position it much more in line with Zara (and above H&M) in the consumers mind. HLG's timing of the Glasson's upgrade was also well done as had they done it now consumers would get the feeling they are scurrying around trying to survive now they are here.
    Yes, Hallensteins and Glassons upgraded stores do look pretty good and has been part of their ongoing evolving over the years, no doubt taking into account the entry of these global players.

First Retail guru on radio this morning confirms that 'activity breeds activity' but also notes that the cyclical nature of consumer habits - they are beginning to reengage with physical stores and want a shopping experience (maybe less online stuff)
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/playe...o_id=201819760

All good for HLG - as in the past make heaps of money - reinvest quite a bit into giving consumers what they want and give the shareholders a decent dividend
    Last edited by winner69; 13-10-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Agree with Winner. The St Lukes store was completely modernised when I visited with my daughters in January this year and as mentioned previously they were very impressed.

I think they've overhauled a few stores in the last financial year and despite this capex at $5.9m was below depreciation of $7m, (figures to the best of my recollection).

From a dividend hounds perspective, given their long history of high dividend payments and strong outlook I'd say this is a safe as it gets. 30 cps looks safer than any other stock I can think of paying a similar high dividend yield.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ended up at Sylvia Park today around lunch time. Following my wife around, we went into Zara first looks to be reasonable prices , good range of children clothes as well, not just toddlers etc, (which HLG does not do, possible lost sales thru going to Zara first and also getting what they want for themselves)-both stores very busy (Men's & Women's next to each other with the children's section in the women's store)
    H & M still got queues to get in, about a dozen or so both times we went past - my wife does not do queues for shops, so they were busy.
    My wife had been in earlier during the week and again seemed good value and selection.

Hallensteins was the busiest I've seen it for quite some time, what was that about activity breeds activity or similar.
    The whole mall was busier that I've seen it for sometime. Did not see Glassons really could not tell if there were 5 or 15 in the shop

Will probably go back to Zara at a later date to make some purchases
    Disc - past holder

Article on Stuff about pumpkin patch
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8560...n-trading-halt

One of the comments made by somebody who obviously has little time for our Di

"Sad but that's what happens when you don't foresee (or acknowledge) changing market trends. It's no secret but they've been on the skids for a long time and perhaps the 'investor' should have cut and run ages ago. Di Humphreys (x CEO) is a disaster and has created havoc evrywhere she's been. Firstly at Glassons, then Ezibuy, then Pumpkin Patch and is now back at Glassons. Great on rhetoric but poor on delivery/results. Watch out Glassons, I'd have thought you'd learned the first time around!!"
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Article on Stuff about pumpkin patch
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8560...n-trading-halt

One of the comments made by somebody who obviously has little time for our Di

"Sad but that's what happens when you don't foresee (or acknowledge) changing market trends. It's no secret but they've been on the skids for a long time and perhaps the 'investor' should have cut and run ages ago. Di Humphreys (x CEO) is a disaster and has created havoc evrywhere she's been. Firstly at Glassons, then Ezibuy, then Pumpkin Patch and is now back at Glassons. Great on rhetoric but poor on delivery/results. Watch out Glassons, I'd have thought you'd learned the first time around!!"
    Sounds like drivel to me.
    HLG could not get her back quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sounds like drivel to me.
    HLG could not get her back quick enough.
    Agree. The strong improvement in Glassons performance since Di came back speaks for itself.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

16 cent dividend coming up in a few weeks. At $2.99 tempting to buy some more. Especially considering another dividend payment usually comes through late April.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    16 cent dividend coming up in a few weeks. At $2.99 tempting to buy some more. Especially considering another dividend payment usually comes through late April.
    Hi Jeremy,

Yes I believe the ex date for the 16.5 cps fully imputed dividend is 24 November and you're quite right about the April dividend timeframe too.