sharetrader
Page 730 of 936 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733734740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 9352

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    As the rescues teams havnt gone down yet this must be speculation and hope should not be lost
    I don't want to believe it myself.

All I know is that one of the mines rescue team rang a relation in Auckland and told her
    they were most likely all dead. He has a brother down the mine so he wouldn't have wanted to relay this scenario if he didn't think it was true, but these guys are the experts and they know what the most likely outcome of the explosion would be.

It is- of course- speculation until the rescue team reaches the miners.

rescue teams going in soon - SKY News

Don't start another thread - a one stop shop is better - and anyway, for the moment, it isn't about purity of market - far from it. And don't forget that there are many shareholders who invested for wider reasons than purely market reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    Don't start another thread - a one stop shop is better - and anyway, for the moment, it isn't about purity of market - far from it. And don't forget that there are many shareholders who invested for wider reasons than purely market reasons.
    Do any of you who invested for wider reasons than purely market reasons (casa's words) see yoorselves as an 'owner' of PRC? .... and as such feel that as an 'owner' that the miners are your employees ... if so current events are probably even more galling

Just interested

Disc ... generally I trade 'prices' and never see myself as an 'owner' of a business because very rarely does my cash actually go into the coffers of the company. Though in PRCs case I did cough up cash that do go into their coffers but somebody took the acquired shares within a few days.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    PUDDING
    way do you then not do as you preach,
    prey tell me by what criteria you, without doubt know that people in trouble do, or do not approve others praying for them, or can anyone prove or disprove benefit or harm.
    Offensive or Obscene, only relative in the eye of the beholder.
    Are you asking people first every time before you toast there health in the coming season or do you never wish anybody well to avoid harm?
    I often wish people well. I particularly hope for the best outcome for these miners and their families, although I do fear the worst. The whole community will take a huge knock over this.

Shocking news..

Shrewd - hope your mate/his family is coping..

Any one know the gas result from the 4th sample taken? First 3 were good, and seems they will enter.

Scary afternoon ahead of us I think. Will proabably have some info on the trapped miners before the news at 6. Lets hope it's good news.

Looks like they won't be going in for a while yet.

This makes it particularly hard on the families, who must be fearing the worst by now.

Apparently the Mayor said that a rescue operation was under way but this was incorrect, so still waiting for further methane testing.
    Last edited by Rabbi; 20-11-2010 at 01:47 PM.

I really feel for the miners and their families. New Zealand used to be recognised as a predominantly Christian nation so I fail to see how expressing one's emotion in the context of extending prayers is offensive...but having said that I am also concerned for the financial carnage this event will have on supporters of PRC and NZO.

I've posted several times that PRC is basically insolvent except for the on-going financial support of NZO and that the excessive and repetitive ongoing support requested of NZO is a concern to me as a shareholder of NZO.

I going to go on record now, and I know this will be unpalatable to some on here, but why should NZO keep propping un this problem child for ever and a day ? Many on here are sure to disagree with me but if I werre David Salisbury CEO of NZO I'd be asking myself some very very hard questions beginning with, is it time to cut your losses and walk away ? PRC havn't got any cash to keep going so who's going to carry the baby ?

Maybe its time for the Government to step in and provide financial assistance to rectify the mine operation after all they seem all to keen to step in and help farmers when there's a major adverse flood, so how is stepping up to the plate to preserve hundreds of jobs in this instance any different and why shouldn't they help out rather than laying all the responsibility on NZO ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.

I have long been an investor in NZO and supported the Pike River development- as many have here. This makes all of us feel sick with the terrible events now being witnessed. Lets hope our Govts, PRC Company and rescue teams best efforts produce these people back to the surface in the best condition possible.
    The Pike River mine has much economic promise for NZ and was a very long time in development but this explosion shows the most important and pivotal part of the mine is the people and its workers. I hope they are ok and in a safe zone, have clean air and awaiting rescue.

Sadly, we must also brace for the potential worst outcome. The country is on tenterhooks awaiting hopefully positive news.
    Hawke.
    Last edited by Hawke; 20-11-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to Win.”

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    My investment in prc and nzo is insignficant compared with the famliies and lives put on line . However I bought on close and wonder why the prices where dropping
    Hey Fish, that is pretty bad luck and am sorry to hear it. The course of trades doesn't suggest there was too much "in the know" selling happening there - the largest number of trades went through before 4:01pm and it is hard to imagine that anything had leaked out that quickly. Of course there was a little more time on the ASX before it went into halt - and definitely some trading on the news given the fall, but not on huge volume. Nothing too obvious on NZO volumes for either exchange.