sharetrader
Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin Patch

Advanced Member

Opps.. that is mill shares.. Not % .. My mistake.. Still worth watching though..

Guru

Default ACC...a role model for investornewbies...yeah right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    So the ACC has increased their stake to 9% ... Gives some comfort to Belgie that I've been doing the right thing. I wonder what the ACC's average price of their 9 per cent is?
    Hate to be your comfort breaker Belg.. I know ACC watched PPL fall from 2.30 and 8 months later bought into the still ongoing downtrend (an investor No No!! ) ACC went from 5% to 6% paid about 1.40 then watched their entire PPL asset fall to 90c something....then!!! lesson still not learn't in Aug 2011 bought more at about 95c (holding 6.3% incr to 7.3%) and ..watched them fall in price again ......lesson learn't this time???...nah!! in Oct 2011 they bought more probably about at 75c (holding from 7.4% to 8.9%) then watched that investment sour by 20% until the bottom at 58c...Then my ACC levee's went up due to tough economic times.......then the good news happened!! well sort of ..PPL rocketed back up.. it doubled in price ...so those catching the falling dagger investments looked like it paid off..Nah!!! the TA sell signals reappearred around the $1.00 mark and ACC haven't off loaded some of their significant % holding. Latest PPL price 94c up 1c. Hint...TA buy signals appearred Jan 2012 at 70c
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-05-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelling changed roll model to role model

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin Patch Half Year Result
    If the product sold in 1H12 had been purchased at an average USD/ NZD rate of $0.8200, EBIT for the 6 month period would have been approximately $10m higher.
    According to presentation NZDUSD cover of 89% buying at 66 cents this year, and 70% at 68 cents for 2013, so with the NZDUSD falling from 82 to 75, this is almost halfway, I guess the currency fall is worth almost 3 cents per share for the 2nd half result, and then some for 2013.

PPL has fallen over 25% from when the Amazon deal was announced, anyone have any thoughts? Looks like a good opportnuity to add some more.
    Last edited by Silverlight; 21-05-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    According to presentation NZDUSD cover of 89% buying at 66 cents this year, and 70% at 68 cents for 2013, so with the NZDUSD falling from 82 to 75, this is almost halfway, I guess the currency fall is worth almost 3 cents per share for the 2nd half result, and then some for 2013.

PPL has fallen over 25% from when the Amazon deal was announced, anyone have any thoughts? Looks like a good opportnuity to add some more.
    I would feel alot more comfortable going in at a lower price than now (88c as of writing).
    The latest half yr net profit from continuing operations still fell from 8.585 million to 5.843 million, down over 30% even without the UK/US operations, which is quite a concern.
    I guess alot of this will be down to high cotton price and the currency as you mention.

I'm a TA noob, but I see the 50 day exponential moving average is starting to come down to the 200 day exponential moving average. If it crosses below the 200 day average, perhaps it means the start of a new downtrend?

Any chance we can get an updated TA chart Hoop pretty please?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    I would feel alot more comfortable going in at a lower price than now (88c as of writing).
    The latest half yr net profit from continuing operations still fell from 8.585 million to 5.843 million, down over 30% even without the UK/US operations, which is quite a concern.
    I guess alot of this will be down to high cotton price and the currency as you mention.

I'm a TA noob, but I see the 50 day exponential moving average is starting to come down to the 200 day exponential moving average. If it crosses below the 200 day average, perhaps it means the start of a new downtrend?

Any chance we can get an updated TA chart Hoop pretty please?
    Sorry a bit late ...Incrediblechart NZX data feeds come from Yahoo...2 days late!!! but chart is still relevant.

Seems to be a support zone 78 to 85c perhaps a bounce up from here??? wait for the signals.

Thank you Hoop! I will be watching closely.

Guru

Default Update from 24 May

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Geez! 20 years! A life sentence. Sparky, I wouldn't read anything into it given her length of service. If she left at the top a few years ago you could have said the same thing. In a down trend, the same thing. And in uptrend (as now) the same thing.

Geez Belg some uptrend ... A mini-me version...eh?..... "Mighty Oaks from little Acorns grow"..

From 24th May post + chart
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Sorry a bit late ...Incrediblechart NZX data feeds come from Yahoo...2 days late!!! but chart is still relevant.

Seems to be a support zone 78 to 85c perhaps a bounce up from here??? wait for the signals.
    Update:
    That "seemed" 78 - 85 support Zone has become real as it did bounce up from there (bullish) so it is now a confirmed area and I have drawn it into my chart...

Signals?????
    On the 7th June "smart money" (Duke??) triggered buy signals on the money flow indicators OBV TwiggsMF and ACC/DIST This added momentum at that time and the price bounced off the 85 top of the support zone...However other indicators didn't fire.
    From the chart below there seems to be a lot of minor resistances MA50 at 94 EMA200 at 92 short term resistance line at 93 and the Bollinger bands are squeezing up indicating a change of trend tempo or trend reversal (not on chart).
    There seemed to be slight signs of TA weakness appearing but it didn't affect the shareprice price yesterday (up 2 to 91c)

Last edited by Hoop; 29-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Share Collector

Having a nice morning there, Belgarion?

Who said retail is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Having a nice morning there, Belgarion?

Who said retail is dead?
    Percy will be shattered ..... retail is not dead and is the place to be in at the moment so it has been so neglected in the last year or so

Bugger .... Postie bucking the trend

percy

Who said retail is dead? [/QUOTE]

WARNING: Do not be fooled by dead cat bounces.!!!!!