sharetrader
Page 684 of 733 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

melts under pressure

what no post on here for 25 days? must be time to buy.. (disclosure: no holding).

Very quiet around here indeed. Some interesting articles recently, including the following that explains better than I could why demanding that Xero make a profit now and pay a dividend now is not the deal most shareholders sign up to:

http://findthemoat.com/2017/01/16/myob-versus-xero/

And worth checking Google trends. Onwards and upwards.

And... If you like Bollinger bands... Very narrow right now.

Rod liked this tweet

What is Quickbooks Online? It is like having a 2004 Motorola Flip phone.https://t.co/ywD9xsCJoy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Xero impacted by AWS going down in one region.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/worl...pular-websites

Come on Xero developers, design your systems to use multiple regions to avoid this.

Us old fellas always wondered what happened when this cloud thing breaks - all rather nebulous eh

So much for Xero customers getting their monthly reports to read at breakfast on the first day of the month.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Us old fellas always wondered what happened when this cloud thing breaks - all rather nebulous eh

So much for Xero customers getting their monthly reports to read at breakfast on the first day of the month.
    nebulous or cumulus?

Storm in a tea cup I reakon. It will blow over. Since you obviously aren't a supporter of cloud software, you should myob.

It was fixed (relatively) quickly. Shows the benefits of having the best geeks looking after a system when a catastrophic issue occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    nebulous or cumulus?

Storm in a tea cup I reakon. It will blow over. Since you obviously aren't a supporter of cloud software, you should myob.

It was fixed (relatively) quickly. Shows the benefits of having the best geeks looking after a system when a catastrophic issue occurs.
    HS - have lot's of stuff in the cloud ......including some business myob files stored somewhere ....and I steer businesses to Xero if they need to get modern (Amazing how many still use spreadsheets or just put everything in a shoebox and sent to accountants)

Need faith eh ...but then again hard drives crash as well

As you say a storm in a teacup ....an not as bad as a Vodafone business land line going starit to Voicemail which seems an eternity to get fixed. Modern technology
    Last edited by winner69; 01-03-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Need faith?

They just demonstrated that the faith is misplaced.

Amazon have regions set, so when designing software in the cloud you can replicate across regions. So if the data centre in one region loses comms or goes down you fail-over seamlessly. If this had been done properly then there would have been no outage for the customers. Easy to blame the cloud provider (Amazon) when the real culprit is those who designed Xeros infrastructure.

Just saying because my day job related to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Need faith?

They just demonstrated that the faith is misplaced.

Amazon have regions set, so when designing software in the cloud you can replicate across regions. So if the data centre in one region loses comms or goes down you fail-over seamlessly. If this had been done properly then there would have been no outage for the customers. Easy to blame the cloud provider (Amazon) when the real culprit is those who designed Xeros infrastructure.

Just saying because my day job related to this.
    Lack of failover is surely a business decision and one that I think I'm comfortable with (although I'm not a Xero user).

Adding multiple zones with some sort of fail over means replicating data instantly and keeping it in sync. This adds significant complexity to all the systems.

This is going to add a significant cost the their AWS bill which probably already runs into millions of dollars, and all to avoid an hour of downtime a year. And potentially the next AWS failure won't even be solved by this redundancy.

I expect that Xero have considered redundancy but decided the cost doesn't stack up just at the moment.