sharetrader
Page 120 of 733 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    but I am not so sure about XRO.
    Just to clarify why I am on the fence regarding XRO - does Rod Drury's media presence count as talking up the stock?

Guru

XRO:

Has a fleet of minis with personalised plates
    Has a flash wellington office
    Pretty sure it has ping pong tables though doesn't have a slide to get between floors like Trademe has
    Rod lives in the Hawkes bay and we all know how expensive regional airfares are in NZ
    Rod does a lot of talk - A lot.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Just to clarify why I am on the fence regarding XRO - does Rod Drury's media presence count as talking up the stock?
    I haven't seen Rod 'talking up the stock' - I like his enthusiasm and energy and he does make attempts to get people (not just investors) to understand what this NZ company does have the potential to do. There is an acute lack of understanding about IT/cloud/SAAS models here in NZ/Aust, imho. Anyway, with this media exposure comes hairy questions and so far he has come through ... and the story has not changed (for me anyway). Not saying Xero is already 'there' - just that it has a very exciting opportunity at something special. Albeit, Xero and other IT stocks still come with too much risk for many investors.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dellow View Post
    I haven't seen Rod 'talking up the stock'
    He may not 'talk up the stock' as that would cause disclosure issues no doubt, but he does criticise the opposition at every turn.

To date Rod has executed the plan as set out (once they changed the plan from going for break-even to a growth model) so he should be commended for that.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    He may not 'talk up the stock' as that would cause disclosure issues no doubt, but he does criticise the opposition at every turn.

To date Rod has executed the plan as set out (once they changed the plan from going for break-even to a growth model) so he should be commended for that.
    Yes, fair point, CJ. Sometimes I think he does criticise the MYOB's, Intuit, etc more than I would expect. He should let the defection of Winkler, from being MYOB's Chief Innovator + founder, speak for itself. Guess he gets a bit too enthusiastic. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Has a fleet of minis with personalised plates
    Has a flash wellington office
    Pretty sure it has ping pong tables though doesn't have a slide to get between floors like Trademe has
    If the fleet of minis are to promote the company then I think this is good, however, if the CEO has a 'BigRod' plate - that is not such a good sign.

Flash offices and ping pong tables go hand in hand. It is about attracting quality staff. I do not agree with the article in that regard. Baby-boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers all have different motivators and the start-ups are competing with likes of Google to attract this talent.

There was article in the nbr today, could someone please outline what it said? The title is "Woodward bumps Xero target price" It could be the reason why Xero went up 50 cents today.

They reiterate buy reco, with $16 target in 12 months

They expect XRO to triple customers this year

NBR also remind readers that it was Woodwards who brought MAD to the market as an IPO

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    They reiterate buy reco, with $16 target in 12 months

They expect XRO to triple customers this year

NBR also remind readers that it was Woodwards who brought MAD to the market as an IPO
    I appreciate the info Xerof!!!

A P/E of 100 isn't too bad. Things were worse in 1999.

Oh......wait.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----