sharetrader
Page 179 of 733 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Yes I've seen a growing underbelly of angst from some partners about basic funcionality missing from the software... and I'm really not sure what the delay on purchase orders has been about. But Xero have made the decision to commit resource to getting the big things right (AUS tax filing, US payroll etc) - these items are game changers. It's clear that they need more development resource... hopefully with the new capital they can confidently go to market and fill this out and get cracking on these missing features.

It is infinitely more in my favour right now to leave the office and walk the streets handing out Xero flyers.

These are the most popular feature requests from their users

https://community.xero.com/business/topic/23/1/votes

The most requested features have been open for 1+ years and looking from the outside are not technically challenging to complete.

Regarding developers. Xero is built on top of Microsoft technologies. I believe this is a major impediment for attracting good talent. Very few "rockstar" developers are going to attracted when they run on a MS stack.

Its far too late now.. but I think their technology choices could be the one major thorn in their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    It is infinitely more in my favour right now to leave the office and walk the streets handing out Xero flyers.
    Exactly right. I have made 6 months after tax salary in the last three days. It hardly seems worth coming to work.

I don't like all the euphoric talk but it is hard to stay grounded when this is all going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Exactly right. I have made 6 months after tax salary in the last three days. It hardly seems worth coming to work.

I don't like all the euphoric talk but it is hard to stay grounded when this is all going on...
    Lets hope Rod is a bit more focussed :P

He'll be knighted if this continues....

yeah it's very hard.. i've made a house this week.. of course.. i'd have to sell up to realize those gains.. and it'll dip back down there's no doubt.. but one does feel very celebratory.

Comparatively big volumes done in Australia today.

XRO could easily force itself into the ASX200 next qtly review. Market cap not an issue. Just got to pass the free float/liquidity rules.

Fundies forced to buy or at least have a mandate to hold...

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    yeah it's very hard.. i've made a house this week.. of course.. i'd have to sell up to realize those gains.. and it'll dip back down there's no doubt.. but one does feel very celebratory.
    Shore, Is that a house in Auckland or one in Invercargill Definitely been some large paper fortunes made this week, but I can't help but feel this is just the start if Xero execute well from this position. This has been an extraordinary opportunity to invest before and alongside some of the best VC firms in the world. Not often small NZ investors get a chance to do that. I am surprised that Lance Wiggs struggled to raise $5m for his early stage fund as that looked like an opportunity to have a little punt on the next tech success stories.

Is that a house in Auckland or one in Invercargill
    Won't get into the nitty gritty details

Just got to pass the free float/liquidity rules.
    David - do you know what those liquidity rules are to break into the ASX200?

I think the XRO board will be watching this response to the capital raise and be accelerating their US listing plans (if they weren't accelerated already). I know they said US$100m is the number they wanted.. but now I'm pretty sure they are going to line themselves up as soon as that number comes into view. I think a NASDAQ profile and listing would cement the company in the USA - it's a marketing strategy as much as anything else.