sharetrader
Page 87 of 733 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In saying all that, I am about to have a fight with Xero as I close down one of the companies and want to maintain access to the data for 7 years which Xero is trying to refuse me. If anyone has any experience in this regard please let me know.
    Hi all - I just wanted to pick up the comments about accessing data - as you’re aware we do archive customer data for 7 years if a subscription is cancelled, but yes, access is currently dependent on the payment of subscription. There is the ability to export your data before cancelling a subscription. In regards to read-only access, this isn’t something we currently offer, but we're certainly actively discussing this.

If anyone wants to discuss further in general or for a particular subscription or getting access to your data please feel free to email our Billing Manager, Tina on billing@xero.com - she's offered to call or email anyone who is concerned. Thanks.
    Catherine, Xero Community Manager
    www.xero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    If anyone wants to discuss further in general or for a particular subscription or getting access to your data please feel free to email our Billing Manager, Tina on billing@xero.com - she's offered to call or email anyone who is concerned. Thanks.
    Well, thats pretty responsive. Share price should rise on that response...

Also shows they are monitoring the sight - good on them

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Hi all - I just wanted to pick up the comments about accessing data - as you’re aware we do archive customer data for 7 years if a subscription is cancelled, but yes, access is currently dependent on the payment of subscription. There is the ability to export your data before cancelling a subscription. In regards to read-only access, this isn’t something we currently offer, but we're certainly actively discussing this.

Hi Catherine

Firstly, thank you very much for your response. I have noticed Xero has always been very proactive in responding to comments etc on various websites which must be good for PR.

However, my first step was obviously to take it up with billing@xero.com a month or two back before complaining anonymously on an internet forum. Unfortunately their response was "Thanksfor your email, however as you're not the subscriber for an organisation inXero we're limited in the information we can provide to you."

This response was presumably because my subscription is via my accountant with the implication being that it is my accountant that 'owns' all the financial data about my business and not the business owner (me). This response was also something that I wasn't particularly happy about and short of asking my accountant to take up the argument (at more expense which I obviously want to avoid for a business that I am closing) I guess I have to accept the inevitable that my data is inaccessible going forward. It will be interesting to see what happens when an accountant and their client have a falling out and the accountant essentially has the power to lock the business out from accessing their own accounts...

Anyhow, yes I can (and will) export out all the data but getting it in raw form on a spreadsheet is not quite as helpful as being able to drill down into historical sales etc for which I will need (I am actually merging the two businesses so I do need to be able to go back).

From a Xero's perspective I feel that Xero is missing out on another very simple to effect revenue stream. There would be no additional 'coding' or website development needed as all you would need to do would be to take over the subscription yourselves and change my user permissions to 'Read Only' and I would happily pay a nominal fee to keep this going. Plus you would be able to keep me on the books as a subscriber when you next release your subscription numbers and want to rocket up your shareprice another $5...

Anyway, thanks again for your response and despite the above, I do like the product.

Cheers

Have a look.

Following on from hoops fund managers chats over drinks -

Jeez that XRO done well for us lately

Yes haven't they .... didn't have a clue who they were or what they did until the got into the 50 and we had to buy some

Yep me too .... couldn't afford to be out of step with the market could we

Doesn't seem right holding so many when they don't even make a profit

And heck they are priced at 20 times sales

Buit just as well for indices otherwise we would have missed out - at least our investors think we are pretty smart

Way its going up at the next reweighting will have to buy even more .... heck even more invested in a loss making venture

One of early mentors said never never never speculate with other peoples money on a dream of one person but I keep telling myself the times have changed

Just as well for the index eh .... gives you a chance to do a bit of speculation eh

Yep - if it wasn't in the index mandate would not have allowed me to buy XRO

Easy game this looking after peoples money eh .... hardest part of the job is convincing people we are gurus

What sort of car you going to upgrade with this yaers bonus
    Last edited by winner69; 19-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.

$11! I'm speechless.

Ok sharetrader family what are the chances of XRO doing a share split.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
    Ok sharetrader family what are the chances of XRO doing a share split.
    This might happen in May when they release full year results, if the stock retains these price levels.

老外

Prediction for next week's Xero announcement:

Rod Drury takes a dump, looks like virgin Mary.

Result: $15 share price!

I have no idea how the price of this stock has made it an over $1 billion company, to me it just doesn't make sense. Everyone seems to wet their pants over any announcement they make which to me screams wildly over valued. People do realise other companies are catching up with Xero's tech right?