sharetrader
Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Thumbs down Trending down

You're generous the only reason it hasn't fallen further is a lot of the numpties who bought are hoping like hell they can get it back to a dollar or they would all be out on a stop loss don't get knocked over as they all shuffle out of the cellar door.
    I don't bloody believe it

I dont know how many investors are people who often buy their burgers. But as the trend is likely to continue many will feel duped and stop going to burger fuel as a protest.

I would be very surprised if any one of the sharetrafers here own this stock. If they do i believe that they would be too embaressed to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by SectorSurfa View Post

20-30cps was all it was ever worth TOPS
    5-15 I would have thought. 10c by the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    5-15 I would have thought. 10c by the end of next year.
    Make that 9c the company through its deal with Yellow Fever (Wellington Phoenix supporters) provides for free chips on any burger purchased!

And..to add to that its on Courtney Place directly across the road from the Electric Avenue Bar (another Yellow Fever/Wellington Phoenix sponsor/supporter).

The Phoenix are playing tonight & after a few brews at the Backbencher the fans will likely follow the team to the Bar afterwards.

Now free chips doesnt sound like much, but i would have thought the fast food industry's margins werent that large to accommodate that in the first place!

Pity we cant short this stock!

Arrow Mr Chips has Millions of CHIPS.

Meanwhile Mr Chips is selling and can not make enough to keep up with demand why would you want to give them away.. ??

Nita:

I dont know how many investors are people who often buy their burgers. But as the trend is likely to continue many will feel duped and stop going to burger fuel as a protest.

I would be very surprised if any one of the sharetrafers here own this stock. If they do i believe that they would be too embaressed to admit it.

I think someone mentioned this before IPO and perhaps we didn't think seriously enough about it but the inexperienced investor who now won't buy burgers as a result of poor share performance, creating a vicious cycle could be a major influence. Runing into the second point, there probably aren't too many experenced investors on the register so the number of 1000 share holding customers could be significant. Pity really I honestly would have bought in to BFW if it had floated at a realistic price.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Now free chips doesnt sound like much, but i would have thought the fast food industry's margins werent that large to accommodate that in the first place!

Pity we cant short this stock!
    Actually I think the margin on fries and soft drinks is huge which is why the likes of MacDonalds have the up size me policy.

Default Margins

In another life I worked in the bar/restaurant game and there certainly is excellent margin in the fries and drinks (although Burgerfuel tend to use bottled drinks so less margin than McD's postmix cups). That's why it makes no sense to give the fries away: you're giving away your major producer of gross profit. I'd say they make reasonable GP on the burgers but the labour costs are much higher so if they're giving away free fries they had better be selling a shtruckload of burgers.

The whole issue was a joke. NZX should never have allowed such a high listing price- it leaves everyone with a bad taste in their mouth.
    Stocks- ADY, AED, BMN, BURO, GBG, GGP, MON, NWE, RAUO, ROY, TNG, TZL

haw haw haw!

The directors of BurgerFuel Worldwide Limited (BFW) today reported an un-audited loss of $1.35 million for the three-and-a-half month period to 30 September 2007, of which $991,000 represented costs associated with the company's Initial Public Offering (IPO).

hey say continued losses of $50,000 per month are anticipated, but expect these will progressively reduce as additional stores are opened.
    Last edited by trackers; 12-12-2007 at 02:48 PM.