sharetrader
Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

“We are confident that we will get something off the ground in America soon" 23/8/16

We must be due an update announcement 'soon' then? Or not...

The new Christchurch stores - Hereford Street especially - are hiring significantly younger staff (16 -17 year old demographic - as opposed to the previous 20+) I presume they offer greater roster flexibility? It does align to the hiring practices of the lower end food chains though, and alters the 'feel' . Traffic flow through this store is very low. Spitfire and Ferrymead both seem to be slow too. Hereford should improve, it looks like an excellent positioning for an inner city store. The other two, I'm not so sure. I guess that's primarily the franchisee's problem though.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    The other two, I'm not so sure. I guess that's primarily the franchisee's problem though.
    Correct. The Franchisor takes their percentage of revenue whether the stores are profitable or not.

Spitfire is still doign good turnover. Ferrymead is not that great but still ok.

I think there are two franchisees in chch, one owns 3 stores (bush Inn, Spitfire and 1 other, ferrymead I think), the other the other two so the change in staff could be franchisee preference as opposed to a change.

Almost 4 months now since they announced they were entering the US market alone and 18 months since it first announced its intentions of entering the market.....551 days and still no news on when

the team is in Indianapolis and are announcing its first US store location soon

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    Almost 4 months now since they announced they were entering the US market alone and 18 months since it first announced its intentions of entering the market.....551 days and still no news on when

https://www.nzx.com/companies/BFW/announcements/294041

Not a lot to enthuse over here. 3.4% sales growth. Sounds like it's all over bar the shouting in Australia too - reasons given will be exactly the same stateside.

Funniest bit is -"Business in Saudi Arabia has continued to be challenging due to fluctuating oil prices" - Ummm, okay drawing a long correlation there.

http://www.ibj.com/blogs/3-property-...o-broad-ripple

First US store location leaked. Looks like a good spot for them, "Broad Ripple's position as a cornerstone of Indianapolis' youth culture and nightlife is a result of its thriving bar scene and the nearby presence of Butler University. Staying true to the neighborhood motto "we're open if you are," numerous Broad Ripple bars and restaurants remain open as late as 3am – often on weekdays as well as weekends. The neighborhood is home to many of Indianapolis' locally owned restaurants, independent art galleries, private boutiques and specialty shops, and the popular Monon Trail. Within just a few city blocks one can find a wide variety of food, including Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian, Cajun, Middle Eastern, French, English, and Japanese as well as traditional American fare and four independent microbreweries. Entertainment offerings include Crackers a professional comedy club and multiple venues for live music, showcasing both local artists and nationally touring acts in genres such as rock, hip hop, country, and jazz." - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    http://www.ibj.com/blogs/3-property-...o-broad-ripple

First US store location leaked. Looks like a good spot for them, "Broad Ripple's position as a cornerstone of Indianapolis' youth culture and nightlife is a result of its thriving bar scene and the nearby presence of Butler University. Staying true to the neighborhood motto "we're open if you are," numerous Broad Ripple bars and restaurants remain open as late as 3am – often on weekdays as well as weekends. The neighborhood is home to many of Indianapolis' locally owned restaurants, independent art galleries, private boutiques and specialty shops, and the popular Monon Trail. Within just a few city blocks one can find a wide variety of food, including Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian, Cajun, Middle Eastern, French, English, and Japanese as well as traditional American fare and four independent microbreweries. Entertainment offerings include Crackers a professional comedy club and multiple venues for live music, showcasing both local artists and nationally touring acts in genres such as rock, hip hop, country, and jazz." - Wikipedia
    I know the area..they will face serious competition in that area, will be interesting.

Haven't looked at this one for ages but brought up the two year chart this morning just for interest. WOW, talk about a steady decline...you'd be a brave person to believe in this story any more.
    Latest expansion into the U.S. reminds me of the days when Pumpkin Patch said their U.S. stores were going to be a huge growth story...and we all know how "well" that ended !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Still nothing

Tensions rising in the Middle East. Maybe that'll drive up burger sales. Comfort food and all that...or not.