sharetrader
Page 536 of 970 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 9698
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good to see you guys all happy and excited again and recovering from that period when you were down in the dumps

Heading to 520 .....550 .....
    Being able to stay solvent longer than the market staying wrong,meant I remained "well positioned" at all times.
    Having "free " shares to off set my recent purchases, meant my average cost per share, was under market price at all times.
    Also approaching the time when my wife and I am considering the "lifestyle" decision to make a retirement village our home,makes my understanding of the reasons people decide to do so,better than people who are not making the same decision.I have also had the experience of my mother entering a retirement village,as well as my mother in law having to go into dementia care.My point is when you have actual experience,you are more likely to make a better judgement call ,than someone who realises on a spreadsheet hypothesis. based on property prices.

Great article on net migration and housing...

https://inner.kiwi/commentary/our-ta...tion-and-away/

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/950...y+25+July+2017

Land acquisition and new village planned for Christchurch. Must say I have a ,lot of respect for what they are trying to do for dementia patients with their new memory center apartment living concept. Fastest growing proven performer on the NZX trading on a very cheap forward multiple of only 14.8. Compelling value in this sector and my biggest holding in the retirement sector.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Summerset buys land for third Christchurch retirement village

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/95036...rement-village

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/950...y+25+July+2017

Land acquisition and new village planned for Christchurch. Must say I have a ,lot of respect for what they are trying to do for dementia patients with their new memory center apartment living concept. Fastest growing proven performer on the NZX trading on a very cheap forward multiple of only 14.8. Compelling value in this sector and my biggest holding in the retirement sector.
    After recently witnessing a family member deteriorate from the effects of dementia it is encouraging to know Summerset are providing ways to help these patients deal with such a terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    After recently witnessing a family member deteriorate from the effects of dementia it is encouraging to know Summerset are providing ways to help these patients deal with such a terrible thing.
    You have my sincere sympathy as I know from first hand experience this is an extremely difficult time for all the family. I think its very nice that family members can stay with their loved one in their own apartment, a very nice touch and the whole extended family can have some privacy while sharing time with their dementia affected loved one in their own apartment during this emotionally traumatic time. Contrasts quite markedly with how my Dad was herded out into a common living room area and we had to spend time with him without any privacy and "enjoy" interacting with about 30 other patients in RYM's secure dementia facility at Orewa Auckland.
    I'll never forget the day before he died. Shriveled up like a prune on his very last legs in a common living room with 30 other residents in various stages of decline.
    Really "enjoyed" coping with my emotions in full view of all the staff and about 30 other patients that day...SUMone has to come up with a better way and thank God they have !
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

You have my sincere sympathy as I know from first hand experience this is an extremely difficult time for all the family. I think its very nice that family members can stay with their loved one in their own apartment, a very nice touch and the whole extended family can have some privacy while sharing time with their dementia affected loved one in their own apartment during this emotionally traumatic time. Contrasts quite markedly with how my Dad was herded out into a common living room area and we had to spend time with him without any privacy and "enjoy" interacting with about 30 other patients in RYM's secure dementia facility at Orewa Auckland.
    I'll never forget the day before he died. Shriveled up like a prune on his very last legs in a common living room with 30 other residents in various stages of decline.
    Really "enjoyed" coping with my emotions in full view of all the staff and about 30 other patients that day...SUMone has to come up with a better way and thank God they have !
    You have my sincere sympathy for your emotionally traumatic experience Beagle, my Dad suffered the same fate. I watched him waste away and die a slow horrible death in a secure dementia unit. Although they did their best for him no one should ever suffer that way. I wish there had been SUM where better for him to live out his final days so yes thank god there is now.

I'm deeply sorry to hear Beagle, i couldn't imagine how tough that would have been to deal with.

Investor

Sorry to hear that Roger, I echo my sentiments in the same way as others stated. Me deepest sympathies and condolences.

Thanks for your very kind words folks, much appreciated. It was a few years ago now but as you can probably tell it still feels a bit raw. Shocking way for anyone to go and very tough on the whole family which is why I am so pleased SUM one is doing something about this to make this dreadful time a little more bearable for families to cope with in the future.