sharetrader
Page 286 of 970 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 9699

Dear dav ...how many shares do you have in Sum...Roger ...likewise ...cheers..

Me ..about 7000

Sorry ..why not all contributers to this post disclose holdings....
    Last edited by troyvdh; 12-01-2015 at 10:28 PM.

I am starting to see why many of the wealthy and intelligent investors have left this forum. Many people seem to have forgotten that if it weren't for me you'd still be operating with directors free to conduct insider trading as and when they saw fit in and around quarterly sales announcements. I won't waste my time posting on this thread again or working hard behind the scenes in an activist way unless there a direct pecuniary advantage in it for me. Quite obviously all people want to do is hear good news. Shrug...what would I know having sold at an average price of $3.56 early in 2014 and made significant returns on that money since then. Good luck folks.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-01-2015 at 09:10 AM.

You don't need to agree with Roger. If he starts to annoy you then stop reading his posts.

At least he offers an opinion and backs it with reasons (he may even be wrong at times). This forum would become boring and pointless very quickly if everyone followed a consensus view.

I am sorry that Roger is departing and I hope my post did not contribute to that decision. I was genuinely asking him to think about the extent to which his obvious outrage at the governance issues might have coloured his judgement on other issues.

Disc: Neither wealthy nor intelligent (investment wise). A learner. In at 359, out at 335. Currently watching.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    At least he offers an opinion and backs it with reasons (he may even be wrong at times). This forum would become boring and pointless very quickly if everyone followed a consensus view.
    Agree. Rogers position is clear. He doesn't like the governance and there are plenty of other good shares out there that he is not willing to risk investing in SUM.

He possibly does go on a bit on the same point but I always like reading the counter arguments when most others are bullish on stock. He did revise his EPS targets so shows he isn't stuck to his views but adjusts them as info changes which is what all investors should do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to be negative? It isnt healthy, positive people live longer. Your time would be better spent finding good news stories, rather than dwelling on the bad, its all rather pointless.
    They dont live longer if they lose all their money being positive

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    They dont live longer if they lose all their money being positive
    That advice brings back memories of you tube with John Cleese and others being crucified singing "always look on the bright side of life". Sound advice - but only to a bystander.

Guru

In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts....[wikipedia]

Everyones opinions should be respected irrespective of how far away from your personal reasoning it is....Why??

Mr Market is made up from every traders opinions and Mr Market behaves according to the outcome of the majority of that Trading Group Behaviour

I read ST Forum to gain a feeling on how Mr Market is thinking at the time..so I value everyones opinion whether I believe they are right or not....Over the years I have learn't that being wrong is sometimes the right thing to do.

After graduating when dinosaurs ruled the earth, I thought (compared to most others) I was a financial genius within the fundamental world of Share Investing and I was going to make a killing...After falling on my arse many times blaming Mr Market as a total idiot..the penny dropped that I was trading in a world where group opinions ruled...so to make a bob I had to gauge group opinions and follow that trend..This was a very hard thing to do as it mean't I had to part with money into an area which often with my educated feelings (opinion) was not a correct thing to do....Over time as my experience grew my fundamental uneasiness waned and I became much more "street smart" and developed a sense of cunning and a nose to detect invisible smoke..

I hear some long term investor readers mutter the share price will at some point reflect it "fundamental values"....Yes there will be a fleeting moment that it will as the Company's share price trends from one end of the market spectrum to the other (overvalued/undervalued state)...however in a few cases this could take years and by then the Company may be a completely different animal.
    Notice my " "...assessing what the fundamental value can in itself be reflected by emotion..A lot of FA is forward looking..so it should come as no surprise to find Fundamental Analysts with differing valuations..depending on their pessimistic/optimistic feeling (emotion) at that moment in time..

I still use FA with TA buy/sell timings and with forward fundamental valuations ...We all use slightly different techniques.I take the mean valuation from % weightings of the worst case scenario to the best case scenario...Often the bell curve is skewed to favour the best or worst case end of the spectrum or if life is a bitch the bell shape is off shaped with an extra bump or two as it is very seldom in real life a bell curve is symmetry around the 50% mean or normal (Gaussian) shaped ..so the probability distribution outcome to help you buy or sell shares can and often is buggered up to some extent..

So....for me to gauge some sort of maximum reliability of probability I need peoples opinions .....therefore all posters opinions are respected...

To Roger and Others..please stay posting..

As to SUM... it is shedding some of its negative attitude traders that it had accumulated over the last 6 months...when this opinion shift happens a cyclic reversal usually occurs with it...
    Last edited by Hoop; 13-01-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: changed fact to personal reasoning

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Agreed, but this forum also becomes boring when the same posters say the same thing day after day. The phrase "ad nauseum" springs to mind.
    I think where some serious breaches are concerned as in the case of apparent insider trading they may need to be mentioned "ad nauseam". Disappointingly, the Summerset board was dragging its feet over reform and I think Roger's staunch activism helped get a change. However I suppose it boils down to: what is one person's tireless champion is another's repetitive bore. We need them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Might take a technical breather around the 3.00 - 3.01 with possible increased profit takers at this level...due to
    1...Resistance Area
    2...Trading Target price*** is met......2.80 + [2.80 (breakout) - 2.60 (low)] = $3.00

*** Mass buy signals triggered on 12th December with the $2.80 bull/bear line breakout
    That's what I thought as well ... however it appears breaking through the barrier of $3 was no problem at all for SUM. Last time I looked it stood at $3.07!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)