sharetrader
Page 287 of 970 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387787 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 9700
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    That's what I thought as well ... however it appears breaking through the barrier of $3 was no problem at all for SUM. Last time I looked it stood at $3.07!
    Just coming back to its underlying fundamental value after a seasonal blip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts....[wikipedia]

Everyones opinions should be respected irrespective of how far away from your personal reasoning it is....Why??

Mr Market is made up from every traders opinions and Mr Market behaves according to the outcome of the majority of that Trading Group Behaviour

To Roger and Others..please stay posting..
    I second that. I think there would be only losers if we lose posters publicising their opinion (particularly if its well researched, like Roger's).

I think as well that Roger should get some additional Brownie points for pushing through the recent change in SUM's policies .... yes, I did review some of his letters, but it was his persistence to make it happen! Thank You!

Maybe we all need a bit thicker skin ... and maybe we need to demonstrate more often that we appreciate each other's view, even if we don't necessarily agree with them.

So - lets be nice to all of us ... and keep the discussion going.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    I agree that Roger's work in this regard was outstanding, and a real benefit to all shareholders. However, I disagree with the need to keep bringing it up once the board had implemented new rules (to hopefully avoid a repeat). I think that, for most people, that was the point of closure and hence the time to move on...

Anyway, back to the great company that is Summerset
    The thing about pivotal events is that they are continually discussed. For example, discussions about the present-day USA will often see mention and reference to unsavoury aspects (of which there are many) of that great country's past along with its positive aspects (of which there also many). Reference to pivotal events is made as a benchmark to gauge any subsequent changes in attitude and action.

I am sure that the board's attitude has changed positively and Summerset becomes even greater.

Disc: SUM shareholder

A short but bullish update on SUM by Forbar
    http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/busines..._sales-048.mp3
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Full profit soon

I reckon $44.6m or there abouts will be reported

Boomer of a result eh

Banned

“chief executive Julian Cook said earnings growth may not be as fast in the current year as the company spends money to acquire sites and build villages ahead of making sales”

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/summers...ocus-bd-158721

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    “chief executive Julian Cook said earnings growth may not be as fast in the current year as the company spends money to acquire sites and build villages ahead of making sales”

Notice he said May not be as fast,classic case of under promise and overdeliver I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post

He said that after an underwhelming half year result ...plenty of sales since and property prices still very good so irrespective of how many residents died or not heaps of fair value adjustments.

Um ...maybe I underestimate?

percy

Maybe I have missed the point,but that article was dated 4th July 2014.

Milford reduced their position, interesting eh couta