sharetrader
Page 309 of 970 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 9699
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    "The other major risk that retirement operators face is the prospect of retiree's living longer."

Another reason why underlying profit is such an important metric in this industry!

"The other major risk that retirement operators face is the prospect of retiree's living longer."

The Westpac "Old Flatties" advert might put them off....
    Last edited by Zaphod; 12-07-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post

Another reason why underlying profit is such an important metric in this industry!

The Westpac "Old Flatties" advert might put them off....
    That risk is often quoted but I'm not so sure it is all that significant. Operators can choose minimum entry age which is surely the defining and controllable factor. ADHB publishes this interesting list at http://www.adhb.govt.nz/seniorline/d...esAuckland.pdf which shows minimum entry ages varying from 55 to 70 in the Auckland region.

On move again

388 must be a new high

Good stuff
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I can't wait for the $4.00 breach... getting close now. It will happen... but when...
    Relatively small share numbers moving. RYM seems to have lost a bit of steam in this wake. Both will continue to do well long term. Supply and demand

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    I can't wait for the $4.00 breach... getting close now. It will happen... but when...
    Relatively small share numbers moving. RYM seems to have lost a bit of steam in this wake. Both will continue to do well long term. Supply and demand
    This week I reckon

The value of all their Auckland units going a couple hundred bucks a week - share price should follow eh

As a couple of us said earlier 460 is the immediate target

Still cheap as
    Last edited by winner69; 15-07-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This week I reckon

The value of all their Auckland units going a couple hundred bucks a week - share price should follow eh

As a couple of us said earlier 460 is the immediate target

Still cheap as
    Can't complain at all. Wish I would have been more patient with my RYM when I was a grasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    That risk is often quoted but I'm not so sure it is all that significant. Operators can choose minimum entry age which is surely the defining and controllable factor. ADHB publishes this interesting list at http://www.adhb.govt.nz/seniorline/d...esAuckland.pdf which shows minimum entry ages varying from 55 to 70 in the Auckland region.
    I found this website from the ADHB very interesting, do you know if a similar site exist for the Canterbury area?
    KIWIWIM

percy

I sold a few this morning.
    I brought them on 12th Jan this year at $2.92,so they have been kind to me.
    We will retain the wife's larger holding.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I sold a few this morning.
    I brought them on 12th Jan this year at $2.92,so they have been kind to me.
    We will retain the wife's larger holding.
    I think that's very good selling as its interesting to note that Craigs and First N.Z. are both projecting a very fulsome 400 new units being built next year which is a major uplift from 300 this year and most interestingly to the best of my knowlkedge this is unconfirmed by SUM itself...you would have thought if a company had of quietly mentioned to brokers analysts that they can facilitate such a substantial build rate uplift they would have done the right thing and appraised the market of this forward guidance, (is this another teenager mistake, you be the judge), but I think the 400 target is lofty given they're building out flat-stick at present on four of their key developments.

Even if they can build 400 units next year Craigs only value them at $3.71 and rate them a hold and the current PE is very close to RYM who in my opinion are arguably N.Z. premier growth stock with an enviable track record of 16 years of consistent growth and top level management and corporate governance...which in my book warrants a PE well north of SUM...go figure.

People a little obsessed with this years EPS growth and forgotten the patchy growth last year and maybe next isn't so flash either ?...you be the Judge.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-07-2015 at 11:38 AM.