sharetrader
Page 329 of 970 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 9700

Real shame we don't have Couta1 here to comment any more with all his expertise in the retirement sector. Come back Couta1, many of us miss you !!!!!!
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Below are the maximums payable in the different board areas.

http://www.adhb.govt.nz/SeniorLine/d...ntribution.pdf

SUM, (sorry couldn't help myself) at the recent Auckland ST meetings are pondering if SUM hasn't worked its way back into contention and I'm one of them.
    Since selling in early 2014 for about $3.60, (mainly a result of both the now infamous "Norah Barlow sale") and over-valuation a number of things have occurred.
    1. First and foremost after some heated shareholder activism and assistance from the Shareholder Association SUM now have a half way reasonable policy providing some reasonable safeguards around when insiders can buy and sell securities.
    2. Underlying earnings have grown by 10% in Fy14 and 55% in Fy15, a compound total growth in underlying earnings of 70% against an increase in SP of just over only 10%.
    3. The relative under-performance compared to the NZX50 has been exacerbated by the very low unimputed dividend yield.
    4. Development margins have expanded from just over 15% to 20% so the company has clearly nurtured and grown its abilities as a developer
    And now last, but certainly not least as far as I am concerned anyway, Mrs Barlow is stepping down from the board.
    I see they are even trialling a dementia ward this year, wonder if Couta1 thinks this is good news ?

I ran the ruler over this when I heard that Norah Barlow is standing down and have been reflecting on the fact that it now appears SUM is trading on its lowest historical underlying PE for many years, (now 23). That and they're confirmed their current year build target is to grow the number of new units constructed from 300 last year to 400 in 2016, 33% forward growth.

Further, for the TA enthusiasts amongst us, we now have a clear break-out above the 100 day MA.

To SUM up, maybe its time to have another look at this one from a long term growth perspective ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-03-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    SUM, (sorry couldn't help myself) at the recent Auckland ST meetings are pondering if SUM hasn't worked its way back into contention and I'm one of them.
    To SUM up, maybe its time to have another look at this one from a long term growth perspective ?
    So, I guess its one of the picks of ST members Auckland meeting then eh Roger

Could you spill the beans on other picks pls.

Oh all rightee then

Looking at Forest's hyrogliphics and deciphering them as best I can I can make out 11 picks from the dozen there plus my somewhat left field SUM theory. I asked everyone for their top pick for the next 6 months, one stock only
    2 x AIR
    2X THL
    2 x ATM
    RYM
    SCL
    VGL
    FPH
    SAN

Actually I think my left field SUM theory might have been as an adjunct to this discussion, yes it was because I'm pretty sure I was one of the ones that picked...you know what
    That's right I remember now, KW had here sister there and she's not into shares so that's why there was only 11 picks.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-03-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Oh all rightee then

Looking at Forest's hyrogliphics and deciphering them as best I can I can make out 11 picks from the dozen there plus my somewhat left field SUM theory. I asked everyone for their top pick for the next 6 months, one stock only
    2 x AIR - HOLD
    2X THL - HOLD
    2 x ATM - HOLD
    RYM
    SCL - HOLD
    VGL
    FPH
    SAN

Actually I think my left field SUM theory might have been as an adjunct to this discussion, yes it was because I'm pretty sure I was one of the ones that picked...you know what
    That's right I remember now, KW had here sister there and she's not into shares so that's why there was only 11 picks.
    Appreciate that greatly Roger.

I'm not too far out then with their picks as highlighted of my current holding as above.

Guru

Both VGL and SAN have only one sale today between them

And what was the general goss on Gold-silver

unless its gold co shares I suppose its almost an inverse relationship to equities

KW keen on gold and silver...have to follow her up on what vehicle's she's using for that.

https://nzx.com/companies/SUM/announcements/279130

Director purchasing on market. I suspect Dr Marie Bismark with her background is the one driving the new dementia care unit too and obviously thinks this will be earnings accretive going forward.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Guru

Over on the Arvida thread I was repetitively told that care based facilities (such as dementia care, which Arvida also have) was extremely low margin and that "the only way to make lots of money" was to keep building (which I do understand)?

But now that SUM are venturing more into the "care business", and it sounds like its suddenly a great thing?

Disclosure: I am probably missing something here...