sharetrader
Page 330 of 970 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430830 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 9699

Default Its called "Selling The Sizzle" regardless of whether you need to eat the BBQ of not.

You are probably right that it doesn't drive earnings much per se but what it does do is make any new village more attractive to incoming residents as they feel comfortable that SUM can provide the full continuum of care model that RYM do and by doing that they can probably ask another $20,000 per unit sold and people will pay it because they feel all their future healthcare needs will be met and they're completely looked after... pretty cunning eh Now that we have them sorted on that matter and the insider trading policy all Couta1 and I need to do is to help them understand that if they offer a fixed weekly fee for life, (that's jacked up to include the first 7 years expected inflation) so costs them nothing, they can add another $20,000 per unit because the old folks feel they're really being looked after financially as well,...now that would be as cunning as......Ryman
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You are probably right that it doesn't drive earnings much per se but what it does do is make any new village more attractive to incoming residents as they feel comfortable that SUM can provide the full continuum of care model that RYM do and by doing that they can probably ask another $20,000 per unit sold and people will pay it because they feel all their future healthcare needs will be met and they're completely looked after... pretty cunning eh Now that we have them sorted on that matter and the insider trading policy all Couta1 and I need to do is to help them understand that if they offer a fixed weekly fee for life, (that's jacked up to include the first 7 years expected inflation) so costs them nothing, they can add another $20,000 per unit because the old folks feel they're really being looked after financially as well,...now that would be as cunning as......Ryman
    I do see where you are coming from, "the one stop shop", thanks for the explanation. I believe Arvida has a similar (ish) model, but of course much smaller (as the market cap would also indicate), and more skewed to the care side of things.

Advanced Member

I spoke to someone within Ryman who sells the units. They told me they make no money on dementia patients, they do it as a service and not to make money. I think it is a great concept, as the elderly need to be looked after when they can't do it for themselves. Life unfortunately is not always about making money. Maybe Summerset may follow suit....?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I spoke to someone within Ryman who sells the units. They told me they make no money on dementia patients, they do it as a service and not to make money. I think it is a great concept, as the elderly need to be looked after when they can't do it for themselves. Life unfortunately is not always about making money. Maybe Summerset may follow suit....?
    "They make no money", that does make me laugh... before he moved to Ryman, did that someone use to be a car salesman? He probably meant they made 'no money' in comparison to their apartment sales... I doubt Summerset will follow a model of foregoing profits to do something for the good of the elderly (as unfortunate as it sounds)

No such thing as an ongoing free lunch, RYM, MET, SUM...it's all built into the up front price and yes agreed there is little money to be made from dementia care. That said there are some not for profit retirement homes around the country.

At least SUM are really pet friendly, unlike many others. I know my mother would dearly love a small dog now that Dad has passed on but isn't allowed at her retirement village.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

im holding physical,but my guess is she would be going through a company(shares)

disc--for me its been more of an insurance than quick profits--its certainly had its ups and downs .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    the fact they make no money (or little)on the Dementia wards ,does not mean that including them does not make money for the rest of the system--call it a ''loss leader''---Its the one thing i used to hate about SUM--(they were more property speculators ,than care providers----this is a move in the right direction iMO

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No such thing as an ongoing free lunch, RYM, MET, SUM...it's all built into the up front price and yes agreed there is little money to be made from dementia care. That said there are some not for profit retirement homes around the country.

At least SUM are really pet friendly, unlike many others. I know my mother would dearly love a small dog now that Dad has passed on but isn't allowed at her retirement village.
    A real shame about blanket ban on having dogs. A relative's rest home even has a Afghan hound that is brought in on a regular basis. Great therapy for the residents. However, I can understand about a ban on Rottweilers and their ilk. Even some smaller terriers can be incredibly annoying for neighbours with their constant yapping (and pooping if there is no fencing!) Plus some dogs can cause damage by scratching and digging.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 11-03-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Good morning. Anyone able to find SUMs buy policy for DRIP? When do they purchase the shares on market? Or do they issue additional? Cheers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Good morning. Anyone able to find SUMs buy policy for DRIP? When do they purchase the shares on market? Or do they issue additional? Cheers

DRP - Page 26 - Summerset Results Enging December 2015 -Issued 24 February 2016. Record date for DRP was 9th March.