sharetrader
Page 335 of 970 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435835 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 9700
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couldn't but help notice on NZX website SUM up 39% ver last 52 weeks while RYM is still the same price.

SUM the preferred stock in retirement sector and seen to have greater medium term potential?

...or just the Norah effect
    Maybe SUM has/had? been playing catchup to RYM?

Over 2 years: RYM SP down 4%; SUM up 22%; MET up 27%, NZX50 (gross) up 30%
    NB resigned as CEO Sept 2013
    Over 3 years: RYM up 67%; SUM up 67%; MET up 62%, NZX50 up 52%

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couldn't but help notice on NZX website SUM up 39% ver last 52 weeks while RYM is still the same price.

SUM the preferred stock in retirement sector and seen to have greater medium term potential?

...or just the Norah effect
    Well yes - you are correct as long as you discount the real winner of the race! If you take MET into the selection than you will find that SUM is only second best (and RYM on place 3 out of 3) ...

check: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...241#post614241
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well yes - you are correct as long as you discount the real winner of the race! If you take MET into the selection than you will find that SUM is only second best (and RYM on place 3 out of 3) ...

check: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...241#post614241

I guess we could agree MET,RYM,SUM are great investments in a sector that has great growth prospects.
    I am enjoying a "free ride" with both RYM and SUM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I guess we could agree MET,RYM,SUM are great investments in a sector that has great growth prospects.
    I am enjoying a "free ride" with both RYM and SUM.
    You must be pleased with yourself that you sold down given their previous highly stretched valuations. Far more cunning, (legendary even), would have been to exit the sector completely after making a bold and controversial call it was over-priced about two years ago like some of us did and completely avoided the woeful under-performance of the last two years especially from Ryman and until the last 6 weeks or so from SUM as well.

One thing I will agree with you on is the sector overall has strong growth prospects and if you hold anything long enough in a sector with strong tailwinds you'll do well eventually... even if you have to endure sometimes lengthy periods of relative under-performance.

When will RYM break out of its protracted period of lacklustre SP performance ???, who can say for sure.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2016 at 05:35 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You must be pleased with yourself that you sold down given their previous highly stretched valuations. Far more cunning, (legendary even), would have been to exit the sector completely after making a bold and controversial call it was over-priced about two years ago like some of us did and completely avoided the woeful under-performance of the last two years especially from Ryman and until the last 6 weeks or so from SUM as well.

One thing I will agree with you on is the sector overall has strong growth prospects and if you hold anything long enough in a sector with strong tailwinds you'll do well eventually... even if you have to endure sometimes lengthy periods of relative under-performance.

When will RYM break out of its protracted period of lacklustre SP performance ???, who can say for sure.
    I am more than happy with my way of doing things.
    May not be perfect,but neither am I .
    But it really works well enough for me.
    In fact I can add AIA,EBO,FPH,SCL and TIL to the list of either "free" shares, or shares that owe me very little ,by just taking a little "off the top" when I have felt like it.
    Last edited by percy; 02-04-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am more than happy with my way of doing things.
    May not be perfect,but neither am I .
    But it really works well enough for me.
    Happy for you if you're happy Percy and think it works. No question there's good money to be made in property, ask any Auckland property investor how they've done in recent years !!
    Doing some year end valuation yesterday what really surprised me was how well some of the quiet property shares have done compared to the once extremely glamorous retirement sector stocks.
    I flicked out of RYM and into GMT at 96 cents in early 2014. That REIT which is hardly ever discussed on here has gone from 96 cents to $1.34 a 39.6% gain in the period RYM has gone backwards 4% and further it has paid a net 7% return each year in dividends so all up including dividends a 53.6% gain ! Not too shabby for a boring old REIT is it !

I think the moral of the story is that sometimes shares simply get ahead of themselves and RYM has been a classic case in point after exponential gains grossly in excess of EPS growth leading up to early 2014.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2016 at 06:38 PM.

percy

Shares do overshoot and undershoot.
    We have seen some posters fall in love with a share,only to fall out of love.
    It does happen.
    Fun to watch.
    Last edited by percy; 02-04-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Bit of a drop going on today. She'll be right

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Bit of a drop going on today. She'll be right

Of course we'll be right

Next week after the March quarter sales are released the share price will step up

I reckon the sales report will be a boomer
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

We don't call it a drop of, we call it an opportunity lol

When's the next SUM report due, anyone know?