sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    with regard to Kisaran i got the impression oil flow from parit minyak 3 the 3rd well in indonesia was a bit low and they tried frakking but stopped when well head pressure was too high and i was under the impression the rock was too hard and not suitable for frakking...which is why i was a bit surprised when reading Bukit energy web site (the other partner). when they were talking 5000 bopd.....3 million cubic feet of gas flowed at 1000 psi so that seems quite good
    The bit about the franking in Kisaran I also had a very brief comment from AK.Wished I had more but the meeting started. From what I got in seems the officcal release did not tell the whole story or even in seems an accurate one. The franking stopped due to some problem with the process not the resource rock. Yes from the release I to got the impression the rock was too hard but From the very brief fleeting comments with AK before the meeting that seems not to be the full picture
    digger

I dont quite get that. If a high pressure meant that fracking had to stop there is maybe two things I can think of. Either the rock cannot be fractured and the pump deadheads , or the pressure required to fracture the so rock is higher than the allowable pressure of the casing.

I might have missed something else, however if its not option 1 then it would a bit of a fail in my opinion.

Thanks for the message digger....accidently wiped it while trying to reply...I thought 2014 was "the year" ...have just read an article about oil glut etc...have no nzo shares anymore due to matuku and Oi deflating my bubble but will reassess later...still don,t believe in Karma tho

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rbel038 View Post
    I dont quite get that. If a high pressure meant that fracking had to stop there is maybe two things I can think of. Either the rock cannot be fractured and the pump deadheads , or the pressure required to fracture the so rock is higher than the allowable pressure of the casing.

I might have missed something else, however if its not option 1 then it would a bit of a fail in my opinion.
    it might also mean a more robust fracking system is required to cope with the higher gas pressure that could be released
    in other words a very heavy duty system that costs a lot more than a standard system

M

Quote Originally Posted by the machine View Post
    it might also mean a more robust fracking system is required to cope with the higher gas pressure that could be released
    in other words a very heavy duty system that costs a lot more than a standard system

M
    Wonder if fracking NZOs managements and the ardent noggers ossified brains would bring more worthwhile results???

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    Wonder if fracking NZOs managements and the ardent noggers ossified brains would bring more worthwhile results???
    Thanks for that laugh this morning.

I sense Digger is finally nodding?

Does the annual report come out this week? I can't see anything on NZX, seem to me it would be a useful thing to publish, expected reporting dates.

Advanced Member

Tomorrow I think I read.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Does the annual report come out this week? I can't see anything on NZX, seem to me it would be a useful thing to publish, expected reporting dates.
    Come to the Ellerslie Race Club tomorrow at midday and find out. Investor briefing to coincide with the preliminary results and followed by questions.
    digger

Question 1 - how did management and directors make so many dud investments in the last 5 years while they creamed millions of dollars in fees, salaries, benefits and traveling expenses.

Other questions to follow once NZOG answers question 1.