sharetrader
Page 1789 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 789128916891739177917851786178717881789179017911792 LastLast
Results 17,881 to 17,890 of 17911

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Oh how time flys.
    In reply to the above post I promised that I would report back in a years time. Well, the year is up.

It's still early days. But I can report that I have easily covered my cost of funding and are looking forward to another year holding NZO.
    Dividend of 3.3 cents on average buy in price of 38 cents.
    Mtm is 4 cents.

Sure there are better stocks. But I'm happy with how things are tracking and confident about the future.
    Was a step change moving to Energy Yield play by CUE ,,,what I wanted to see years ago .. NZO getting some love in the back of CUE .. still the SP isn't exactly rocketing north Thursday close NZX-43.5c ASX - 37.5c.... pretty much same price it was trading for a year ago ...but hey you got a dividend now thanks to CUE ..

And some exploration to start soon enough.. hope for all the suffering NZO holders they can see some real growth to keep ahead of inflation
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was trying to buy NZO on the ASX recently Toddy. If we get another two CUE divs over the next 12 months around 1 cent each the return is starting to look pretty good.
    Thought about it for a minute or two...but trade volumes are even more pathetic than NZX.

And wasn't interested in 5-10k investment but much more ....but

I knew within a short period I'd be regretting it and I don't have the patience for NZO go slow approach to then be stuck holding unable to trade out on my terms ... instead moved funds into VLE:TSX go check its SP action last month... only wish I didn't trade out for a quick profit
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-04-2024 at 09:44 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

I'm pretty sure he was trying to buy NZO on the ASX recently Toddy. If we get another two CUE divs over the next 12 months around 1 cent each the return is starting to look pretty good.
    It is looking like we are in for an exciting time for the sp
    A large dividend will shortly be distributed
    I wonder what shareholders will do with this ?
    Ogog of course will get millions
    Increasing their shareholding might make good sense -only speculation but it applies to all shareholders

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...e=abc_news_web

This is interesting regarding gas demand in the Northern Territory.

Has NZO just struck gold with their recent 25 percent increase in the Mereenie gas field.

Gas is running out in the NT and they need it for electricity production. Central Petroleum has stopped exporting gas via their Queensland pipeline because the gas demand locally is outstripping supply. .

Guru

Think the divvie was supposed to hit the bank today......

Better check after the schmozzle with Computershare!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Think the divvie was supposed to hit the bank today......

Better check after the schmozzle with Computershare!!
    Looks like about 33 percent tax taken off then banked into my account. I cannot see any documents on Computershare with the calc.

Same here. Money in the bank but I haven't received notice of the payment or details of any Au or NZ tax deduction?. My NZO shares are on the ASX register.

Advanced Member

By now you should have received by email this required statement.

Note all tax is NZ tax

Here for anyone wanting how to cals

[number of share]x [.0326436] =gross amount

Gross amount X .33 = tax

Gross amount less tax== What you got.

Don,t forget at finacial year end to record this as most likely get some back. A 33% tax rate is pretty high
    digger

I had no problem with the CUE payment, received NZO dollars but cannot find the statement. I have the computer share showing my holding but no payment history.

Advanced Member

I had no problem with the CUE payment, received NZO dollars but cannot find the statement. I have the computer share showing my holding but no payment history.
    Well lucky you. I have still not got my CUE payment and I am in T20. It has a hell of a history. I will try to make it as short as possible but in reality it is long and stressful

Firstly weeks before 5th April I tried to send to computershare a bank deposit slip which has the account number on it,but computershare would not accept it and sent me the exact form they wanted the details filled out on. Did this on their form and sent it back by registried mail. Received nothing on 5th April so by 8th went to the bank and was told that the Bank can take 3 to 5 days to clear overseas money.They found me impatient and needlessly concerned that money could have gone into wrong account.also told them other CUE holders with other bank had their money already. So nothing on Tuesday the 9th. Yesterday the 10th got a call from women I know at the Morrinsville bank saying she had found out that the Bank had never received any said money fro Computershare Australia {CSA}. So I took the registred letter receit back the post office and got the exact time CSA received this exact form and who signed for it. Then rang CSA and got some non native speaking English recipent on the phone. I am very deaf and have a special phone set up into my ears which works very well in NZ. This was the first time I have used it for overseas calls. I could make out about one word in 10 he was saying,so had to end the call saying I would get my wife to ring. She did this and got eventually someone else. This second person said they would look into it and would probably have some answers by 4 or 5 days. In the meantime both my broker and my son [who lives in Hong Kong] had disovered that the money was still with CSA which was a great relief to me and it was not sent to my bank account as someone had put a little one after my perfix as 00. So someone from CSA put the ending as 001 instead of 00. Back to the bank again and was told that as 001 at the end of my bank account does not exist no money can be transfered. They more or less implied it was somewhat my fault as if I had sent CSA a bank deposit form none of this would have happened.Yes I know we are going around in circles but in reality that is what happened.Went over the story about how CSA want info only on their printed form and some one there had put 001 instead of 00. The bank said they would send to CSA my bank deposit slip and did so on the 10th. In the meantime on the 10th yesterday when at the bank my NZO dividend arrived. Was shocked that I received only about 65% of what I had expected. {I need to make the comment here about genetics . My family line tends to deafness by all have good hearts otherwise I would probably have had a heart attack} The cals for NZO dividend are child play compared to CUE dividend.

So there we are Story to be continued as it happens.
    digger