sharetrader
Page 530 of 764 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 7632
    Advanced Member

So funding to reduce rheumatic fever has been halved in the Budget with focus now being on Auckland, probably South Auckland. as Maori and Pasifika are disproportionately affected. So the government has realised that 'if we always do what we've always done ...'. Maybe time to spend the millions of dollars on BLIS, as was done in Whakatane schools with excellent results.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    So funding to reduce rheumatic fever has been halved in the Budget with focus now being on Auckland, probably South Auckland. as Maori and Pasifika are disproportionately affected. So the government has realised that 'if we always do what we've always done ...'. Maybe time to spend the millions of dollars on BLIS, as was done in Whakatane schools with excellent results.
    Where did you read it has been halved? I can't find that via The Google.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Where did you read it has been halved? I can't find that via The Google.

Funding for rheumatic fever prevention halved in Budget despite failure to cut hospitalisations

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11864132

Thank you.

Advanced Member

Blis annual report 2017 now out. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/259053.pdf

There was more detail than in the past. I am grateful for that and somewhat relieved. Still very little information on end-user activity in actual markets. For instance, the US was barely mentioned (although they seem to going for GRAS on M18 now).

Significant bits that I saw:

• "early trial activity in China as one of our prospective customers prepares for launch activity in FY2018. (p4)
    • "The Company recorded positive net cash flow from operating activities of $244k (p4)
    • "In FY2017, we focused on establishing the fundamentals for sustainable growth. Considerable effort has been applied to internal processes to support growth and building capability for the future. (p5)
    • "Dermatology (future focus) (p5)
    • Recognise the potential of "BLIS®-containing functional food solutions" (p5)
    • Recognise the potential of "BLIS®-containing pet applications and animal health solutions" (p5)
    • "BLIS EliteProTM (high dose BLIS K12® targeted at athletes) launched, and ongoing collaboration with elite sports organisations (p6) (Missed that one Emearg?)
    • "New [NZ] distributor relationships with Pacific Health targeting health practitioners and Henry Schein NZ for the professional dental channel (p6)
    • "Early-stage evaluation of new food formats for one probiotic strain (p6)
    • "Solid foundations for the future have been established and we have our cost base clearly defined for future sustainable profitable growth. With prudent investment, we believe there is a good balance between existing business support and pipeline development to realise the potential of our IP. (p7)
    • "In the medium term, we expect meaningful sales from China, and from expanded market approvals in Australia and new
      customer relationships globally. (p7)
    • "The Company is investing in the evaluation of new candidate strains in its pipeline. One strain (BLIS Q24 TM for skin applications) has progressed to the point of formulation trials. (p7)
    • "Further advances through an early-stage clinical trial of a new strain (BLIS Q24TM) targeting skin applications (p6)
    • "We expect that the new probiotic strain targeting skin applications will launch in the 2019 financial year. (p7)
    • Website development cost $114k (p31)
    • No new issue mentioned, working capital of 2.2m considered sufficient. (amended: p4 possible issue for more growth. Thanks, underworld.)
    • No estimate provided for this year's revenue or profit.

The announcment, https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/301839

"During this financial year, the company will continue to invest in growth initiatives, delivering increased turnover and a profit.
    "It is important to note that management and the board have undertaken a review of within market demand internationally. This review is providing us with confidence that there remains strong evidence of continued growth.
    Last edited by simla; 29-05-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Advanced Member

Somewhat more confident than last year, and the extra detail allows us to be somewhat more confident as well. Almost impossible to judge what to expect over what time scale though.

Advanced Member

An update on the figures I put up recently adding the 2017 report. I added a few rows. Sourced from the last few annual reports available here https://blis.co.nz/investor-centre/a...ncial-reports/

(000s) 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
    Revenue 1161 1322 2631 5661 6547
    Loss -1856 -1541 -1373 -816 -24
    Net cash flow (ex finance) -1110 -1324 -1516 -919 -71
    Total Op'ing Expenses 2959 2863 4004 6477 6571
    - Cost of goods sold 527 585 935 1762 *1688 * New name but seems to be the same figures
    = Other expenses 2432 2278 3069 4715 4883
    Capital expenses 467 348 421 408 315 From cash flow report
    Employee Benefits 697 878 1203 1671 2024
    Shareholder equity 3490 * 6176 4803 3987 4017 * Included share issue
    Working capital 909 * 3753 2519 1927 2253 * Included share issue

I have checked the figures carefully, but check them yourself if relying on them. As usual, just my viewpoint, feel free to dispute it.

Outside thinking.

Thanks Simla.....I haven't had too much time to analyse the results so appreciate your homework. I agree things are beginning to look more positive. Nice to see the new managers making 'progress' and some interesting new product and market extensions. How all this impacts on next FY18 financials is going to be v interesting.

Disc; I've lowered my BLT exposure 25%, but retain 75% (happily well in the green zone.)

Advanced Member

The biggest change for me was a sense that the company was getting on top of more of the detail. Last year's report left me with somewhat doubt that the company was really on top of everything (whether that was a fair reading or not we'll never know.) This report still didn't ooze confidence, but a continuation of this trend might be more reassuring next year? It is still all very difficult to read.

Only slight mention of costs and profit, that might have been a bold assertion that expenditure wasn't going to stop any time soon, but on the other hand might also have been a concession that balance with actual profit was also required. It was all such a very slight discussion (for a topic that surely leaps off the page from the last results) that it was impossible to be sure what was meant. Or as I read it anyway.

More reassuring than last year, but still difficult to know what to make of it.

Advanced Member

Share price slipping presently. I suppose people did notice "in China as one of our prospective customers prepares for launch activity in FY2018. " This IS FY2018. Still, China is always hard to predict.