sharetrader
Page 34 of 764 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

Hi Simla what letters that? I never recieved it.
    Any new info?
    As has been shown br dr katz and dr speiser online sales work well.
    I have also seriously considered it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONE View Post
    Hi Simla what letters that? I never recieved it.
    Any new info?
    As has been shown br dr katz and dr speiser online sales work well.
    I have also seriously considered it myself.
    The letter was offering shareholders the opportunity to buy BioRestore at a discounted price. It is available for $9.95 instead of the retail $24

The offer is available online. They have created a personal website for each shareholder.

Try going to yours...

www.yourfirstandlastname.myblis.co.nz e.g www.bobsmith.myblis.co.nz

You pay through PayPal. Shipping is $2.50 and seems to be a flat rate no matter how many units you buy.

Personally I will be buying a few bottles as I have found the ThroatGuard a good way to keep colds away. As a self employed person, having a day off sick costs me a lot, so a bit spent on products that work(like K12) is an absolute no brainer. I think of it as cheap insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    We seem to have missed this one. Don't know how long it has been there. Described as "Adult's Ear, Nose & Throat Lozenges with K12 Probiotics -- Tropical Cherry Berry Flavor"

http://www.naturesplus.com/products/...54&category=28

I don't think we missed it. When you posted this comment I had a look. It was listed as a new product on their site. Also, when I re-ran a search on their site for 'K12' it returned two products. The week before when I had had originally run the search it only returned one product.

From zero to two products in as many months. That is pretty fast work isn't it?
    Last edited by emearg; 28-02-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Interesting to reflect, though, that both of these Nature's Plus products appear to be just repackaging of Blis as we already have it. If Blis really is having impact in the neutraceutical market - which is surely food additives - then neither of these qualify. Suggesting these are not indicative of the news that we are hoping for.
    I'm not quite sure I agree they are just repackaging of existing Blis products? But perhaps one will be able to say that about many of the products to come out in the future that contain K12? Anyways, I think the really important thing here is that a manufacturer is including the ingredient Salivarius K12 in two new products that are available for sale in hundreds(or perhaps thousands based on the look I had at their shop locater tool on their website) of shops in the United Kingdom and the United States. They are two markets that Blis hasn't been sold before(with the exception of the Fresh Breath Kit in the US).

I presume we can thank Frutarom for this? They are now selling K12 as an ingredient to manufacturers to include in their products? These two products support this theory?

As I see it, this is exactly the kind of news I have been hoping for?

I am however very happy to hear much more good news! ;-)
    Last edited by emearg; 01-03-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Advanced Member

Thanks Emearg. What I meant was that these products are K12 as a tablet bought in a bottle, whereas I think the aim is to sell it as an additive to bulk products, like food, maybe toothpaste. Then we are talking a smaller profit on mass sales as opposed to a bigger profit on probably very much smaller sales, relatively speaking. However, my wife tells me that the Nature's Plus brand is "one of the very good ones", or some such, so it will be fascinating to find out if they have added much to sales. Blis is pretty cagey about giving away detail though, so we may never really find out.

I hope we get an idea of sales to date in the coming announcement. Surely we will? Have Nature's Plus made any real headway in that time? Have other manufacturers come on the scene that we haven't heard about? Has Ireland bought in some significant stock, even though not on the shelf yet? (I can't see the sales offer to shareholders making much difference. There are/were about 2500 shareholders. Even if each bought $20, that's still only $50,000.) Or has the slump proved a real problem? In short, are Blis waiting so long over this offer just because it is a big job, or because there is news, good or bad? (The date of 31 March is pretty unusual, too - could that possibly mean shareholders will have time pressure, a sort of now-or-never thing?)

Advanced Member

Another week with no news release. Not sure this augurs well for short term sales. While I remain confident that Blis has a good future from ongoing solid growth, nevertheless a current drop in sales of 60% plus would swallow up a good wallop of future growth, and certainly delay positive cash flow by quite some time. The world is certainly a whole lot more closed in than it was only 6 months ago. Still, we'll see.

To Simla

Have you accessed the BLIS online shareholder discount offer? I am a very long and large holding/ long suffering supporter of BLT and its research, but I have been unable to access the site despite , many times , keying in the www.xxx.myblis.co.nz address.

I emailed BLIS twice, even senting an attached copy of my shareholder letter ( dated 24 February) outlining my failure to reach the page, but have not been extended the courtesy of a reply. If customers and prospective customers receive this level of support, it is little wonder that the company is struggling to gain sales that will put it in profit

Advanced Member

Apostle95, yes, I have ordered and received the product in a perfectly professional/normal online purchase. I also emailed them with feedback (info@blis.co.nz) and got a reply next day. I have emailed info@ over other matters in the past and always received prompt and polite answers. Perhaps they are busy making up thousands of rights issue envelopes for shareholders? Anyway, I know it is frustrating getting no reply to email, but they really are helpful in my experience, so I can only suggest you try again with the email, trying the info@ email address if you have used another perhaps. They have a phone number on their website, too.

Great to hear another long term holder. There must be something in our genes - perhaps Blis could patent that next!

Advanced Member

I pondered whether sales were down 60% plus. But after all, we already know that revenue was at least $600,000 as at November, compared to last year's revenue of $878,000. I was going to write some optimistic logic next, but I've been told off before by you guys for doing that! But it could be okay news yet, couldn't it? Good news? Bad news? We'll have to wait and see what the reality is.
    Last edited by simla; 13-03-2009 at 05:24 AM.

I pondered whether sales were down 60% plus. But after all, we already know that revenue was at least $600,000 as at November, compared to last year's revenue of $878,000. I was going to write some optimistic logic next, but I've been told off before by you guys for doing that! But it could be okay news yet, couldn't it? Good news? Bad news? We'll have to wait and see what the reality is.
    Simla, feel free to share your logic and each reader will decide how optimistic it is. Some might think it is pessimistic. Everyone has an opinion.

My opinion is that the company is going in the right direction. We have a business man in charge. He has a background in the ingredients business. He has contacts. This was made clear with the Nestle agreement. Personally I think this is the future of the company IF it is to have a BIG future. It will slowly grow through its retail business, but the probiotics inclusion in other products is where the big money will be. They won't sell each unit for much, but the margin will be large compared to their retail range.

With a backer willing to stump up three million, I don't think we need to worry for another wee while. As I commented once before, Barry has big motivation from having such a big holding, not to mention his personal drive to be successful. Clearly he is doing some pretty good things, one just needs to be patient. At a market cap. of 7 million, it looks like pretty cheap buying IF the company makes it as big as it possibly could. Or it could be money down the drain. I bought a few more today. No points for guessing which way I swing on this...
    Last edited by emearg; 13-03-2009 at 10:32 PM.