sharetrader
Page 537 of 764 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    The optimists view might be that news at the meeting will justify the increase, large that it is.
    This is a time where the Company needs all the best skills and judgement so I will support.
    Bliss, with its great product should, with the best leadership, have produced good profits before now, i reason.
    Patrick
    Agree with you.

Legend

There's an article on probiotics in July consumer magazine. No doubt it will interest the probiotic fan club.

And can someone take out the sellers at 034?
    Thanks, 035 a bit harder.
    Last edited by patrick; 19-07-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Wrong figure
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Thanks, 035 a bit harder.
    Now sellers at 036
    Interested to hear others views in light of Friday meeting.
    How much will we learn?
    Last edited by patrick; 24-07-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Update
    Pat

Advanced Member

The news I would like to hear is what the plan is.

Google searches on Blis do not reveal any recent "gosh wow" stories at all (that I see anyway). The new packaging is lovely but also understated. Ditto the new website. Most of the staff has been appointed in the last couple of years or so seemingly, but the impression I get is that they are all hard working and intellectual and earnest people ... and that maybe the company has just appointed a whole lot of people in their own image even? Hard to say due to the lack of any detail and maybe I am completely wrong about that.

We know there are great products. But how to draw that to the world's attention?

There is an episode of WKRP Cincinnati (1980's classic) in which they all prove they can do a better job of sales than loud Herb. But sales aren't going so well by the end and they conceded that they need somebody loud to go out and bring in the business.

Has the company got a disrupter on board? Someone who is loud and communicative? Someone who can grab the attention of the shareholders and the customers? Surely this is the real secret of Xero, that Rod knows a thing or two about beating a drum loudly.

As I understand the idea for the last year or two, it is to make the place more efficient and capable. Okay, that's half the story. But what is the plan to go out and shout loudly in the streets to attract end user customers, and to convince the existing agencies to invest more into their own marketing of Blis, so that being capable and efficient can pay off? We've all seen kids selling lemonade by the roadside. Great product probably, sales tables all there, staff waiting ... and everybody driving by and taking no notice.

The impression I am getting of the company nowadays is of a highly efficient but very quiet company. If so, then what is the plan to grab new customers? To increase sales 10 fold, for example, you basically need 9 new customers for every existing 1. That will only happen with lots of loud and effective communication.

But communication is not a hallmark that we are learning to associate with the company presently, or I'm not anyway.

I've been asking about whether they have a great communicator on board for a couple of years now I think. It remains my great concern. Have they got a disrupter, a communicator, a loud person they probably don't actually like that much maybe because he is not humble? And will they empower him?

And if not, then what is the plan to increase the customer base and therefore sales? How will that be done without loud and frequent communication?

(They are presumably looking for another board member? But Google any of the Blis board members for "news" and get nothing. They don't want to be public presumably, like most people. Nothing wrong with being quiet and private, a lot of very nice and very effective people are that, but this company ALSO needs someone who doesn't mind being loud and public. In my opinion anyway. Start on the next board member maybe?)

The news I would like to hear is what the plan is.
    Last edited by simla; 25-07-2017 at 09:50 AM.

i'm intrigued by this latest announcement this morning. Is this softening us up as to why orders this quarter are going to be looking sluggish.

I agree with Simla that they need a loud drum beater. Interesting that in this last year they have had their performance impacted by orders that have been unforthcoming as a result of changes in the way their customers order. What are they doing to ensure they are getting new customers. That's what I want to hear.

Still a believer though.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    i'm intrigued by this latest announcement this morning. Is this softening us up as to why orders this quarter are going to be looking sluggish.

I agree with Simla that they need a loud drum beater. Interesting that in this last year they have had their performance impacted by orders that have been unforthcoming as a result of changes in the way their customers order. What are they doing to ensure they are getting new customers. That's what I want to hear.

Still a believer though.
    Its a positive delay

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Its a positive delay
    Impact on sales
    "While this was still pending"
    Not pending now but perhaps the Company is wrong in suggesting the drop in orders is historical.
    Pat

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    It will be interesting to hear. Could be good news coming, could be not so good. We'll find out on Friday.

I know absolutely nothing about the new CEO and assume he has brought much skill history with him. But any CEO has only two real objectives: sales growth and profit. The board are presumably watching both with much interest. This AGM represents 17 months in the job now.
    Last edited by simla; 25-07-2017 at 10:17 AM.

I MIGHT BE MISSING SOMETHING BUT ISN'T THIS MORNINGS ANNOUNCEMENT JUST CONFIRMING WHAT THE MARKET WAS TOLD A FEW MONTHS BACK? (he turns caps lock OFF) .....and from what Im reading this must be GOOD NEWS going forward ie Polands Largest Food Company now takes control of 2 products containing BLIS and increases staff to promote it??? Sounds like a lucky and positive break going forward to me.
    Have a Gr8day.