sharetrader
Page 540 of 764 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 7632

Predictions for news tomorrow please.
    I have held these shares for years, probably 15, and it's always the same........prospects
    Any thoughts from those who know more?
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Predictions for news tomorrow please.
    I have held these shares for years, probably 15, and it's always the same........prospects
    Any thoughts from those who know more?
    Hi Pat. I'm just a newbie shareholder in BLT - only held mine since 2005 (and topped up plenty of times since then).

My prediction is that we will receive promises and forecasts that things are getting/ will be better soon, at the ASM tomorrow.

We will also be told that there are difficulties penetrating the market in China/Europe/USA/Asia etc.

And we will be told that paying the directors more will be a good thing. (They will be much happier at their Board meetings and eventually will ensure good things happen for the shareholders one day).

We will also be told that there is slight possibilty that the long awaited maiden profit might occur this year - as long as there are no product recalls/distributor upheavals/regulatory dramas in whatever country.

In addition, we will be advised that the BLT team is working very hard to increase sales but expenses might have to increase again to make that happen.

I have to admit I don't actually know these things - but I have a feeling they might be pretty safe assumptions.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    it's always the same........prospects
    (000s) 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
    Revenue 1161 1322 2631 5661 6547
    Loss -1856 -1541 -1373 -816 -24
    Net cash flow (ex finance) -1110 -1324 -1516 -919 -71

So, no. Much progress has been made. And in fact the 2017 result was still a good gain on 2016 since most of the increase in revenue was reflected in the bottom line rather than lost in even more expenses.

But we cannot really know what to expect of this year (now already one third complete) without the company telling us their intentions. Do they intend to force out a decent profit, or is there more expense they have been itching to make?

Unfortunately the company doesn't seem keen on discussing their own opinions of the situation. I'm sure they know exactly what profit they are hoping for this year and next, but I'm not really expecting to hear that information.

News tomorrow? I'm not really expecting a whole lot to judge by recent experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hi Pat. I'm just a newbie shareholder in BLT - only held mine since 2005 (and topped up plenty of times since then).

My prediction is that we will receive promises and forecasts that things are getting/ will be better soon, at the ASM tomorrow.

We will also be told that there are difficulties penetrating the market in China/Europe/USA/Asia etc.

And we will be told that paying the directors more will be a good thing. (They will be much happier at their Board meetings and eventually will ensure good things happen for the shareholders one day).

We will also be told that there is slight possibilty that the long awaited maiden profit might occur this year - as long as there are no product recalls/distributor upheavals/regulatory dramas in whatever country.

In addition, we will be advised that the BLT team is working very hard to increase sales but expenses might have to increase again to make that happen.

I have to admit I don't actually know these things - but I have a feeling they might be pretty safe assumptions.
    You are spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post

would be funny if this is exactly what they say tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    would be funny if this is exactly what they say tomorrow
    Amusing but disappointing if that turns out to be the case.
    I had high hopes of transformation of BLT under the new CEO's leadership but feel a bit disillusioned at his lack of communication with the market.
    Hopefully someone will give him a poke with a sharp stick at the meeting.

I couldn't attend the AGM so i've gone through the slides and i don't see any bad news but nothing interesting. BAU 'business will look into growing'

Note 30% odd voted again increasing directors rem and 14% abstained

That's telling then something .....if they actually listen
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Note 30% odd voted again increasing directors rem and 14% abstained

That's telling then something .....if they actually listen
    If only they asked after turning profit

Outside thinking.

NBR reports...

"Blis Technologies expects to post a maiden profit in the current financial year as the Dunedin-based company says it is positioned for sustainable, profitable growth in a rapidly expanding market.

Last edited by Leftfield; 28-07-2017 at 02:10 PM.