sharetrader
Page 258 of 733 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Couldn't care what anyone thinks, just dont you love the volatility. Who care about Amazon or K- Mart, or what the effects of their business can bring, as long as the SP keeps going up and down by 7 cents or more it keeps me happy. So much for funny posts, or whatever. You suckers that analyse the perceived benefits of how Amazon will rule the world are just dumb asses. Warehouse is here to stay. Once someone suggested in another life " who took the bite out of APPLE (for those dumb asses, Apple has a bite out of it, check out the logo}". Competition affects the biggest players worst. Even though Amazon has not entered the market yet it affects the SP of Warehouse more than you can imagine. Now I will have to explain to some of you dumb asses, the apple has a bite out of it. The Warehouse is a trading share big time. Now I will have to apologise, I am over exuberant as I think too many posters just think they know just everything. With respect to those out there when you make a few bucks you do get a bit excited. So I will say to everyone out there, never be confident in you opinion, never complain or disparage others opinions, just accept that others have different opinions to YOU.
    Sorry I have had a few glases of CHAMPAGNE, may also be crying in my glass in a week or two.
    Hmm - an outstanding example to demonstrate that posting under the influence might be as dumb as drink-driving.

Anyway - outstanding article in today's New York Times about the fight between Amazon and Walmart ... and what it might mean for the rest of the smaller players:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/u...n-economy.html

Does not look good for other retailers unless they have the firepower to compete in this race. I am sure, though some Chinese (alibaba) and maybe a couple of European retailers might survive as well - but the Warehouse? Really?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - an outstanding example to demonstrate that posting under the influence might be as dumb as drink-driving.

Anyway - outstanding article in today's New York Times about the fight between Amazon and Walmart ... and what it might mean for the rest of the smaller players:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/u...n-economy.html

Does not look good for other retailers unless they have the firepower to compete in this race. I am sure, though some Chinese (alibaba) and maybe a couple of European retailers might survive as well - but the Warehouse? Really?
    i think the whs group has a future and will have stability in Noel Leeming and T7 for the foreseeable future, however they need to scale down the red sheds and change their approach. Business as usual will result in a long and painful demise of the red sheds. They haven't aged particularly well and the times of digital sale outlets will kill them unless they change. One benefit the Warehouse has is it has a couple of years or so before the Amazon threat states taking away damaging market share IMO.

They also need to make a decision about the financial services business. They can't just 'try' for another few years losing money. They either need to back it 100% and take a risk building scale (which seems is their current approach) or they need to ditch it and work on their core business. WHS Group needs to stop trying to diversify and start being the best at what they do, whether that's through product, customer intimacy or price. I think they've lost that focus over the last decade by trying to be ok to good at everything. They have also focussed on price which is being eroding by competition and market pressure.

Consultancy Deloitte was more bullish about Amazon's prospects, saying it would "disrupt almost every retail category", lead to further growth in online retailing, and push down prices and profit margins."Amazon's entry is expected to have a huge effect on the retail landscape over the coming years," it said."The biggest changes – increasing online expenditure and competition – will force retailers to step up or lose market share, as prices and other forms of competition intensify."In addition, Deloitte said Amazon would create opportunities for small opportunities to sell their wares to a huge audience, but crush big retailers.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/re...02-gwj7dg.html
    Last edited by bull....; 19-06-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Any TA traders thinking this is a good buy now? From my charts it seems to have broken through the intermediate downtrend.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdaniel1 View Post
    Any TA traders thinking this is a good buy now? From my charts it seems to have broken through the intermediate downtrend.
    Hmm - it did brake through the MA100 (which is a good start). But than - the RSI is very high (overbought?) ... and from a fundamental perspective I wouldn't see the sky as the limit ...

But than - I am not a TA trader anyway ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Nup missed the boat a little ,it's gapped up already. From $2-$2.10 was the basing pattern,don't chase wait for the pullback. IMOP

bounce from oversold i reckon
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by dagdaniel1 View Post
    I dont let TA put me in companies that have lost their way. I'm considering suggesting its becoming a sell as in get out while you can. but , unusually this is a very FA view.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Ok, cheers guys for the thoughts

https://www.nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/304392

Share price action in the last week suggests information has been leaking to the market on whatever is to be announced.

INSIDER TRADING inquiry coming up?