sharetrader
Page 172 of 733 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 7330
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Then you should absolutely not buy if you are worried about that...in fact if you hold you may well want to think about bailing out before it gets worse. And it could. Me.. I don't worry...Too many good things around to even think about it.
    Always interesting watching someone who follows the Alfred E Neuman philosophy of investing;"What,me worry?" lol.

I would have thought the drop in petrol price would have materially assisted the disposable income of the typical WHS customer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Time for some fresh ideas
    We should be very impressed with WHS. Given what a shambles the stores are, how poor their reputation is (my kiwi girlfriend often recites "The Warehouse, where everything you buy is broken.") and how tough retail has been they've done quite well.

That's sort of the value proposition here isn't it? This is still a company that could still be turned around relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Well then, the Oracle could be right or a guy on the internet called Hoop could be right.

I think you may find that Mr Buffet would not have regarded WHS as undervalued in 2009, it’s about fundamentals and value not where the share price is, or if it has just dropped or risen. Stock picking is everything.

Buffett style ‘ buy and hold’ investing as you refer to it as, has created the world’s most wealthy people. Couldn't name a single TA billionaire off the top of my head though.
    If Buffett had regarded it undervalued in 2009 when WHS earnings $80m I suppose he wouldn't regard it as undervalued today with earnings of say $55m ....with share price about the same?

Banned

Whom may predict what an oracle may think. I don't hold or research WHS, so it wouldn't be thus fair to make any comment on WHS valuation, in respect for holders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Buffett style ‘ buy and hold’ investing as you refer to it as, has created the world’s most wealthy people. Couldn't name a single TA billionaire off the top of my head though.
    Right, that seals it. My life goal is now to become a TA billionaire just to make MACs comment invalid

Disc - may not make a billion but I know I'll make a million one day. We Canadians are very persistent

Banned

I wish you well and hope you prosper Moosie, you may be young enough to get there at careers end, perhaps philanthropy will suit you too. I’d rebuild the cathedral if $67M became loose change, each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Right, that seals it. My life goal is now to become a TA billionaire just to make MACs comment invalid

Disc - may not make a billion but I know I'll make a million one day. We Canadians are very persistent
    Go for it BFG

As my food hero Marco "Success is born out of arrogance, but greatness comes from humility"
    Last edited by winner69; 08-01-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Be interesting to see how long they can maintain current dividend with margin and profits falling
    one step ahead of the herd

The SP drop seems to be flattening out somewhat although the buyers appear to be losing interest a little or at least waiting for a bottom. Could be still some ways to go.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz