sharetrader
Page 155 of 172 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1715

Thread: FBU Chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    I dialled in and for me it was very uninspiring - not enough humility shown after yet another debacle. Vague answers or wouldn't answer quite a few questions. Pretty much a trust us, its all contained (nod to Ben Bernanke!) - next year will be good etc.
    Cavalier saying the same thing...taking a cavalier approach with investors capital...really impressive !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

My morbid fascination with FBU continues

Updated this chart showing FBU prfoits and share price over the years. Hardly inspiring since it peaked at the top of the last building boom which ended 2007/2008 is it

Todays price is a PE of 17 on this years expected shocker result .... which sort of says that the 'next year will be alright' is sort of priced in. Historically FBU has trade around 13 times earnings ....so even if F18 gets back to $400m (continuing a reasonable earnings trajectory that occurred from 2010 to 2016) a PE of 13 gives $7.45. Thats the price today - spooky eh

But then if punters dont trust FBU anymore than a PE of 13 might be too high = share price with a 6 in front of it

Still reckon sum of the parts higher than the price of the whole

Made heaps of FBU over the years as the 'big trends' seem rather predictable. Wills it on the sidelines for a bit and watch with morbid fascination.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'm suprised this has only dropped 5% after another massive downgrade. It's still above the SP of 18 months ago. Are people still positive about the future?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I'm suprised this has only dropped 5% after another massive downgrade. It's still above the SP of 18 months ago. Are people still positive about the future?
    Maybe the market sees Adamsons departure as a sign Ralph Norris is starting to take action.?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Maybe the market sees Adamsons departure as a sign Ralph Norris is starting to take action.?
    Yes, there's a lot of respect for Ralph Norris, despite this big stain on his copybook. Perhaps we expect too much after his successes with ASB, CBA, AIR etc.?

I'm always watching this share from the sidelines hoping to get in when the market prices it at a bargain to enter. However for me I'm generally just getting more and more shock and awe with how they poorly they operate. Been told that the culture within the organisation is very volatile as well with a lot of unpleasantness.

I don't think I'll be coming into this one anytime soon.
    Last edited by value_investor; 20-07-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Advanced Member

Can I suggest a New Zealander as the next CEO reckon time we stopped importing them!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Can I suggest a New Zealander as the next CEO reckon time we stopped importing them!
    Agree full heartedly

And The Warehouse should do the same
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, there's a lot of respect for Ralph Norris, despite this big stain on his copybook. Perhaps we expect too much after his successes with ASB, CBA, AIR etc.?
    Brian Gaynor said on the wireless this morning that the board had taken a back seat to management. Maybe now, not so much.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...tcher-building

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Brian Gaynor said on the wireless this morning that the board had taken a back seat to management. Maybe now, not so much.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...tcher-building
    At least they've forfeited the share options Mr Adamson is entitled to...good on the board.