sharetrader
Page 200 of 397 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    NZ at capacity is kind of a good thing for THL. If you can't get a hotel why not get a campervan? The NZ business remains very strong and will continue to do very well for the next few years.

The major concern has always been the US. Undoubtedly there's been a Trump Slump this year driven by policies, uncertainty and a high US dollar. In particular the Canadian dollar has been weak. I was doing some research and Europeans have not been visiting as much this year and are down about 10% YOY.

In saying this THL said they are on track for 50m by 2020 and I have no reason they won't achieve this, unless a war breaks put with NK in which case this stock will get hammered, but then so will a lot of others.
    Well summed up mate. I think THL are fairly priced at present. Recent surge was surprising, a bit more realism now in the SP.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

NZ at capacity is kind of a good thing for THL. If you can't get a hotel why not get a campervan? The NZ business remains very strong and will continue to do very well for the next few years.

The major concern has always been the US. Undoubtedly there's been a Trump Slump this year driven by policies, uncertainty and a high US dollar. In particular the Canadian dollar has been weak. I was doing some research and Europeans have not been visiting as much this year and are down about 10% YOY.

In saying this THL said they are on track for 50m by 2020 and I have no reason they won't achieve this, unless a war breaks put with NK in which case this stock will get hammered, but then so will a lot of others.
    Well Northland was not at full capacity last week.Plenty of motels with vacancy signs at Opononi,Paihia,Whangerei and Orewa.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well Northland was not at full capacity last week.Plenty of motels with vacancy signs at Opononi,Paihia,Whangerei and Orewa.
    Maybe all the tourists were staying in campervans?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Peak tourism is an often used term these days. Even gurus like Air NZ's Luxon uses it.

Tourism activity at record levels but 'peak tourism' implies future growth in NZ might not be as strong as in the past few years.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Peak tourism is an often used term these days. Even gurus like Air NZ's Luxon uses it.

Tourism activity at record levels but 'peak tourism' implies future growth in NZ might not be as strong as in the past few years.
    It won't be Winner. I think the expectations from THL are a 4% YOY uplift which sounds reasonable (it's been around 11% the last few years).

It won't be Winner. I think the expectations from THL are a 4% YOY uplift which sounds reasonable (it's been around 11% the last few years).
    Exactly as I said - future growth won't be as strong as in past few years

Maybe all the tourists were staying in campervans?
    Possibly were ....Jucy ones

$50m profit target for 2020 speaks for itself and THL have an excellent track record of achieving their profit growth targets well ahead of the planned timeline. That's what is "Jucy" about this one
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Possibly were ....Jucy ones
    When tripping around I amuse myself counting company's camper vans I see.
    Average seems to be 8 Maui/Britz,4 Apollo,2 Jucy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    $50m profit target for 2020 speaks for itself and THL have an excellent recenttrack record of achieving their profit growth targets well ahead of the planned timeline. That's what is "Jucy" about this one
    ........I added recent to your post

The good thing though is the current share price doesn't really reflect that $50m profit.