sharetrader
Page 567 of 577 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 5763

What now..? I've never been through this.

So I assume once it comes up to the close date (after we have voted) our shares will automatically be bought for $7.39 and our shares will disappear and the cash will appear in our account? We don't really have to do anything special, it will just all happen..?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo56 View Post
    What now..? I've never been through this.

So I assume once it comes up to the close date (after we have voted) our shares will automatically be bought for $7.39 and our shares will disappear and the cash will appear in our account? We don't really have to do anything special, it will just all happen..?
    The transaction is in USD, so the amount you receive may not be $7.39, unless they have fixed the exchange rate already. Don't think they've said, I suspect that's why the current market price is not quite that high - there is currency risk in holding.
    Last edited by JohnnyTheHorse; 15-02-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    The transaction is in USD, so the amount you receive may not be $7.39, unless they have fixed the exchange rate already. Don't think they've said, I suspect that's why the current market price is not quite that high - there is currency risk in holding.
    Will those shareholders on the NZ register be paid in NZ dollars? Unless they have fixed the NZ dollar amount, if the offer is only in USD, I wonder why they have given a NZ converted amount when it will vary according to whatever is the current USD/NZD conversion rate until the USD payment is actually made.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 15-02-2016 at 11:55 AM.

How long does a process like this normally take, before shareholders receive payment?

Dilettante

Been a great investment but very sad to see DIL leave the NZX, although inevitable. We have a NZ tech company which is a World leader in its field and doing so very profitably. Would have preferred to ride this one a few more years but not to be.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Average shareholder done down

Interesting to note that this appears to be, technically, a MERGER (actually two) and needs a simple majority to pass.

Not your 90% for a proper takeover.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Oh.

I wasn't expecting this, and I am sad to see them go too.

Guess I will have to start researching another solid tech company.

Any suggestions?

For me there were 3 potential catalysts to this stock taking off:
    1. Takeover/ merger
    2. NASDAC listing
    3. Teams product
    In a way i'm surprised the takeover has come before the listing, still it's a reasonable premium particularly for those that bought in after the restatement issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    How long does a process like this normally take, before shareholders receive payment?
    Some months I'd expect, deal supposed to be done and dusted in 2nd quarter.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 15-02-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Interesting to note that this appears to be, technically, a MERGER (actually two) and needs a simple majority to pass.

Not your 90% for a proper takeover.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Can someone please explain why the press release says the merger values DIL at $941M NZD yet both NZX and ANZ show the current market cap at $625M (with SP at $7.15) which would give a MC of $642M at the takeover price of $7.39. Are there a heap of unlisted options or convertible notes etc that are not factored into the MC?

My thoughts are that NZ shareholders will now miss out on the increase in value coming from the new teams product and NASDAQ listing and that the takeover is not necessarily in shareholders best interests.