sharetrader
Page 570 of 578 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 5773
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Attachment 7906Hi, and congratulations to all shareholders in DIL re the recent takeover/merger by Insight.I was in Rarotonga last week when I got the news out of the blue.I had sold a while back at around $6.15 and bought into something else but was planning to get back in before the quarterly and hopefully new product announcement.I was a bit gutted to miss out but was very fortunate(and relieved!) to make up for it elsewhere.I think Insight have done very well and have bought themselves a heck of a bargain.It would have been interesting to see Dilly progress over the next few years but that wasn`t to be.If anyone who is cashed up wants to buy my personalised plate Ill do them a good price haha!All the best
    Are you sure that's your Porsche RR? I thought you where from Wellywood but that photo looks like its from Red Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Hey Roadrunner, nice 996! I just sold my '89 supercharged 911 race car, and am working on my '69 911S restoration, which will need a plate. I may be interested at the right price. Flick me a text on 0210-69-58-69. Cheers!
    Cheers Mobius.....yes my second 996.This one a '99 Carrera I bought in Auckland with Turbo alloys and sports exhaust.Sounds like you are an enthusiast and like to race them.I drive this one most days and have a restored '92 Saab 900 Turbo which is a bit different but a lot of fun and a bit more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Are you sure that's your Porsche RR? I thought you where from Wellywood but that photo looks like its from Red Beach?
    Haha!...yeah I haven`t nicked it, honest.....well spotted though and close but Hatfields Beach near Orewa visiting the family at Christmas.....no a Palmy North boy,the pearl of the Manawatu lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Haha!...yeah I haven`t nicked it, honest.....well spotted though and close but Hatfields Beach near Orewa visiting the family at Christmas.....no a Palmy North boy,the pearl of the Manawatu lol
    Sorry RR.Of coarse it was Hatfields.Love the pohutakawas

I'm a recent investor in DIL, so have done well, but can't help to think that today's announcement confirms they (we) have sold too cheap.

As an investor in DIL will I be required to pay tax on any gains made when my shares are converted to cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    As an investor in DIL will I be required to pay tax on any gains made when my shares are converted to cash?
    No as you are an investor.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    The takeover actually makes no difference. If your intention was to be a long term investor, not a trader, when you bought, there should be no tax to pay.

Does anyone have a clearer idea from today"s announcement, on when we can expect our money ?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The takeover actually makes no difference. If your intention was to be a long term investor, not a trader, when you bought, there should be no tax to pay.

Does anyone have a clearer idea from today"s announcement, on when we can expect our money ?

These NY boys dont part with their bread too readily....May sometime Id say.
    As for tax yes all NZ shareholders in DIL , call them investors, speculators whatever you like , DIL is a foreign registered company and not on our IRDs list of exempeted stocks , so as such everyone is caught.
    This takeover, whoops sorry they call it a merger, how cute is that?? ; is a very one sided affair to be sucked on by us locals. Just another example (and there have been plenty) of kiwis having NO idea what they have their hands on sometimes. That includes most of the intos and fund managers

Guru

Did anyone read shoeshine in the NBR?
    A couple of lines in there suggesting the 'merger' proceeds maybe a taxable dividend!

Anyone know more about this?