sharetrader
Page 578 of 578 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578
Results 5,771 to 5,773 of 5773

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Like most nzx stocks that grow so nicely. They get snapped up by overseas companies for a bargain and at the time it seems like bought at a surplus
    Not sure about the bargain, Ggcc, as I can recall DIL shares being trashed by the market on several occasions (initially after listing, then when there was the controversy over accounting issues) - allowing investors to buy the shares really cheap (I did) so am not going to complain about making 750% on their investments.

Who knows how well or badly Diligent is doing now?

There are instances also where overseas companies & investors bought NZ companies and ended up losing big. Examples would be Yellow Pages (billion dollar loss) and Fletcher Paper!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Not sure about the bargain, Ggcc, as I can recall DIL shares being trashed by the market on several occasions (initially after listing, then when there was the controversy over accounting issues) - allowing investors to buy the shares really cheap (I did) so am not going to complain about making 750% on their investments.

Who knows how well or badly Diligent is doing now?

There are instances also where overseas companies & investors bought NZ companies and ended up losing big. Examples would be Yellow Pages (billion dollar loss) and Fletcher Paper!
    Agreed the SP was in and out of love, but they at the time they carried a bucket load of cash and were sold too cheap in the eyes of the many at the time. They sold for lower than their ATH if I recalled right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Agreed the SP was in and out of love, but they at the time they carried a bucket load of cash and were sold too cheap in the eyes of the many at the time. They sold for lower than their ATH if I recalled right.
    The majority private equity interests wanted out to book their 1800% gain so can’t blame them!

They did come in to recapitalise the company and guide it through to the success it became.

Rest of us were really there for the ride. And what a ride it was!

I bought shares for my daughter and proceeds from the shares paid for her university education.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-05-2024 at 01:19 PM.