sharetrader
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CCP Creditcorp

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    No comment on this one, for some time. Has everyone forgotten it? Well, let me gently point out that it has gone up all the way from a low of 39c to today's 205c, within the last 12 months - that's a gain of over 400% for anyone who was fortunate enough to have bought at that price. Its not only the oil and gas sector where spectacular gains can be made (sometimes spectacular losses).
    My own little story: I tried to "catch the falling knife" and suffered accordingly (those were in the days before I became a disciple of "Phaedrus wisdom"!) However, I held on grimly, and am now enjoying some gain for all the pain. It feels good.
    A search for "recovery stocks" can prove most rewarding.
    (Quote posted 23/9/2009)

Am still enjoying the steady ride back to the summit again - hope I can recognise it when I see it this time!

(I should clarify that I did pull out for about 6 months, last year, when there was a period of weakness)
    Last edited by COLIN; 07-02-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Added final para

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    (Quote posted 23/9/2009)

Am still enjoying the steady ride back to the summit again - hope I can recognise it when I see it this time!

(I should clarify that I did pull out for about 6 months, last year, when there was a period of weakness)
    Colin,
    More importantly is the outlook. I'll be very interested to see how CCP sees this panning out. I'm a glass half full person - so I see storm clouds with rising interest rates, a slowing economy (ex resources), and perhaps lower credit growth. Hopefully there's a silver lining somewhere.

I've been in CCP for a long time - rode it up from a low base all the way to the peak only to see it collapse! The rise from the ashes has been good though - the financials coming through point to a lesson learnt - hopefully!

slooi1

Default mmmm nice result

This baby is now a ten bagger on my original purchases, though I subsequently averaged up a few times so up 6 fold overall. Nice.

If you believe their projections, multiples are still not demanding.

In the back of my head though is "history repeating" but thats a problem for a little later I think.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Well done SD. Yes all looks good for the short-medium term future but I'm wary of what happened last time

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    Well done SD. Yes all looks good for the short-medium term future but I'm wary of what happened last time
    "The price of (financial) freedom is eternal vigilance."

Nice result although not so keen on the 'expansion into new segments'. I still hold

I'm not keen either. Haven't sold any yet, but I'm closer to selling than buying right now.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Nice upgrade from CCP today. Bought a few back recently although $4 is proving strong resistance

Although they revised up their guidance today, it's still conservative and a further upgrade between now and the final results is likely.

If they keep up the momentum of the first 4 months, they're running at a rate of EPS 60c (revised guidance is 50-55c)

Starting to look good in the chart. Profit forecast has been confirmed and that pesky shareholder litigation is out of the way for a non-material cost. If the market can stay calm for a few weeks CCP could go ok