sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PLS (Cre8)

Default PLS (Cre8)

I guess the old thread was deleted for breaking forum rules so Im starting a new one. Debate to your hearts content but be nice people so as to avoid the thread being removed again.

A few of you know I have shares in this company. I stated on the previous thread I think this company will be a turn around story this year and have put my money where my mouth is.

PLS 12/03/2008

GENERAL REL: 1001 HRS Plus SMS Holdings Limited

GENERAL: PLS: First Commercial Launch of Windows Live for Mobile

CRE8 Announces the World's First Commercial Launch of Microsoft Windows Live(TM) for Mobile

March 12, 2008 (Christchurch, New Zealand) - CRE8 Limited (NZAX: PLS), a leading provider of mobile entertainment and connectivity services for operators, brands, media and consumers worldwide, announced today that Vivo, one of the largest mobile operators in the world, has commercially deployed CRE8's first to market solution enabling Microsoft Windows Live(TM) for mobile.

"After one year of development, intense testing and certification by Microsoft, CRE8's robust and scalable messaging solution delivers a single integrated service to Windows Live Messenger, Live Mail and Live Spaces through our gateway and billing hub and client software," said Christopher Tiensch, CEO of CRE8.

As part of the commercial arrangement, Vivo, Microsoft and CRE8 will share in the monthly subscription. These new services provide a rich user experience to bridge communication between PC & mobile.

The full text of the translated Vivo press release can be found below:

VIVO, MICROSOFT, AND MOTOROLA LAUNCH BRAND NEW MOBILE APPLICATION

Brazilian market is first in the world to have Windows Live services available for a single monthly fee

Microsoft, Motorola, and Vivo offer Brazilian mobile subscribers first-to-market Windows Live - Messenger, Hotmail, and Spaces - for unlimited use at a fixed rate. As part of the launch, the application comes fully installed in the new MOTOROKR U9 mobile phone and can be downloaded via the Vivo Downloads platform for other devices of the manufacturer.

The decision to launch first in Brazil is justified by the fact that Brazil has more than 122 million mobile phones currently in operation. Brazil is also one of the world leaders in residential internet use, registering the greatest average residential navigation time per internet user - 23hours and 12minutes per month, according to research from IBOPE NetRatings, a great part of which is dedicated to access to such services. MSN Messenger, the most used instant communication program in Brazil, registers more than 34 million Brazilian users per month, exchanging more than 1 billion instant messages per day.

Hotmail, the worldwide leader in population, contains 31.5 million active accounts today; while Spaces, the second largest relationship site in the country, has surpassed the 8 million user per month mark. The mobile phone tends to increase usability potential of these services, giving its user the freedom and mobility of internet use at any time and in any place.

Furthermore, the application maintains the same interface and navigation logic as its version for PC services. Thus, it is possible to have simultaneous conversations with diverse Messenger contacts, including the use of emoticons, as well as responding and forwarding messages through Hotmail between one call and another.

In the case of Spaces, the Messenger social network, the application will make it possible to use the fotoblog tool. The user will be able to take a picture with the built-in camera in their mobile phone and post it on Spaces within a matter of seconds.

According to the Executive Director of the Online Services Group of Microsoft Brazil, Osvaldo Barbosa de Oliveira, this release is part of the company's strategy, which offers complete integration between the best software and the latest online services. "Our objective is to extend the practicality and trustworthiness that the user already has in Microsoft's online tools to other devices, such as the cellular telephone, increasing their options for when and where they choose to be connected and thus, in contact with friends and colleagues," he affirms.

CRE8 Limited (NZAX: PLS), a leading provider of mobile entertainment and connectivity services has developed the software application used by Motorola and enabled the gateway and client service offering of Microsoft Windows Live(TM) for mobile for Vivo through its operational platform.

One of the characteristics that made this release yet more attractive to the consumer is its simple payment structure: instead of being charged for data transmission, the client pays a fixed rate of R$8,90 (~U$5.25) per month. This amount guarantees connection to Messenger, Hotmail, and content sharing in Spaces through Motorola cellular phones without worrying about time online or volume of data transfer.

"The union of the three Windows Live services in a single mobile application revolutionizes the way in which we relate to the cell phone, permitting greater convergences and practically for the final user," says Alexandre Fernandes, Product and Services Director at Vivo. "We believe that another of the biggest advantages from the partnership is the fixed monthly rate, something which should certainly please our young customers. This way, clients will be able to better control their spending without giving up navigation time," affirms Roger Sol?, Premium Segment Marketing Director of the company.

Upon launch, the application will be compatible with the MOTOROKR U9, Z6, W5, MOTORAZR2 V8, W510, A1200e, K1, and U6 series models. The portfolio will be amplified during the remainder of the year, including another 49 Motorola models. With the exception of the U9 and A1200e models, which already come with pre-installed and customized software, it will be necessary to download the Windows Live application, available in the Vivo Downloads platform. The download is free. In order to configure your account, it's simple: just follow the step-by-step procedures as they appear on the monitor, using already existing Hotmail account information.

"The objective of Motorola is to give mobility and convergence to its consumers, offering complete experiences on their cellular phones, whether for productivity or entertainment. Our partnership with Vivo and Microsoft reflects this concept and makes us pioneers in offering yet another innovative service in the area of technology and consumption, through our product portfolio and our most recent release, the MOTOROKR U9," affirms Loredana Mariotto, Director of Marketing and Wholesale of Mobile Products at Motorola.

The solution is available for every Vivo client with compatible Motorola models, independent of the base in which they are inserted (Vivo Pr?, Vivo Controle, or Vivo P?s). For Vivo Pr? clients, the cost will be automatically debited from available user credits, with the service available as long as existing credit is available. For post-paying clients, the cost will appear on the following account statement, while clients with the Control plan will be charged from remaining credits.

Before activating the package, upon the client completing their first access, the user will have 10 days free use of the application. Upon completing this period, a text message will appear on the screen, communicating the amount in order to contract the service. Activating the package, the client will receive an SMS message each 30 days, confirming the continued renovation of the amount charged.

About the Microsoft Online Services Group

The Online Services Group is the division of Microsoft responsible for the company's most advanced Web technologies, including Windows Live, Live Search, and the MSN content Portal. Windows Live is a set of software and Internet services that brings together in one simple format personal information and interests with security and protection resources for the computer, devices, and the Web.

According to the January, 2008 report from Ibope/Nielsen NetRatings, in ranking brand names in the category of Portals and Communities (which includes applications), Windows Live and MSN register 82% reach in Brazilian domestic Internet use. According to the same report, the MSN Portal home page registers the largest audience in the country, with 35% reach. The alert service, available on the portal has already acquired more than 300 thousand subscribers.

Windows Live Messenger leads the category of instant messages in Brazil and in the world, with 75% market penetration, reaching more than 34 million internet users in Brazil. Windows Live Search is among the largest search services in the country, and Windows Live Hotmail is the most-used webmail - totaling 31.5 million active accounts. Windows Live Spaces counts on its 8.3 million users in Brazil.

About Vivo

Vivo (Bovespa: VIVO3, VIVO4; NYSE: VIV), controlled by the Portugal Telecom and Telef?nica Groups, is the largest telecommunications operator in the southern hemisphere, in terms of number of users. It offers the best quality calls, according to the Brazilian National Telecommunications Agency (Ag?ncia Nacional de Telecomunica??es (Anatel)). Among Vivo's competitive advantages are: the constant search for excellence in providing services, focusing on quality in all its contact points between the client and the operator, broadband data transmission services based on the third generation network, and its ample portfolio of products and services.

Through the Vivo Institute, the company manages its investments in social responsibility and coordinates its volunteer program actions. The Vivo initiatives are geared towards causes for social inclusion with people with deficiencies in education which generates opportunity, work, and income.

In the area of environmental responsibility, Vivo has developed an internal program for managing waste, beyond its actions in environmental education, as well as a pioneer project for collecting and recycling cellular devices, batteries, and accessories, which in 2007 collected more than 140 thousand items.

About Motorola

Motorola is known worldwide for its innovation in communication. The company develops technologies, products, and services which make mobile experiences possible. Our portfolio includes communication infrastructure, corporate mobility solutions, digital decoders, cable modems, mobile devices, and Bluetooth accessories. Motorola is committed to delivering the next generation of communication solutions to people, corporations, and governments. Member of the Fortune 100, with global presence and impact, the company attained sales of US$ 36.6 billion in 2007.

Since 1995, Motorola has invested more than US$ 500 million in Brazil, including the amount destined to the construction of the Industrial and Technological Campus of Jaguari?na, S?o Paulo. Beyond the areas of cellular manufacturing, iDEN terminals,, professional radios, and wireless modules, research and development centers are installed on the Campus
    Last edited by STRAT; 12-03-2008 at 10:41 AM.

PLS 12/03/2008
    GENERAL REL: 1007 HRS Plus SMS Holdings Limited
    GENERAL: PLS: Announces Presentation of LIVE2GO Service Offering CRE8 Announces Presentation of its LIVE2GO Service Offering (Microsoft Windows Live(TM) for mobile) March 12, 2008 (Christchurch, New Zealand) - CRE8 Limited (NZAX: PLS), a leading provider of mobile entertainment and connectivity services for operators, brands, media and consumers worldwide, announced today that an overview of CRE8's LIVE2GO service offering (Microsoft Windows Live(TM) for mobile) is available at www.cre-eight.com/downloads/L2G_Overview.pdf. The Company welcomes shareholders and the general public to visit the CRE8 website and download the presentation.
    Last edited by STRAT; 12-03-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Pre 97 during the .com days alot of companies throw alot of technical words and numbers around like billion dollar markets etc. Strat mate, read between the lines.

The best advice I can give you is talk to a reputable broker who has been through the 87 market crash and he/she will probably know the promoters behind this company and then go talk to IT gurus and see what they think of all this BS behind this company's BS product. Dig deeper my son.
    Local example off the top of my head, Indranet! They were/are classics

How about some specific on topic arguments fellas. Suggesting I have a chat to a broker who has been around long enough to remember the 87 crash or implying some correlation between this and the indranet is hardly basis for a debate.

The full text of the translated Vivo press release can be found below:

VIVO, MICROSOFT, AND MOTOROLA LAUNCH BRAND NEW MOBILE APPLICATION
    As part of the commercial arrangement, Vivo, Microsoft and CRE8 will share in the monthly subscription

Come on guys - I know everybody likes to dump on this company. They had no credibility until recently, but this is a serious deal.

There are 122 mil cellphones in Brazil, (up from 86 mil 3 years ago) and Motorola (the biggest manufacturer in Latin America) is supplying this on new phones. In Sth America and Sth East Asia, cellphones are used like we use PCs here. CRE8 has got a deal to clip the ticket on potentially tens of millions of subscribers. If anyone is looking for a deal to produce revenue, you couldn't do much better than this. Dotcoms were run from basements and didn't have deals with Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    The best advice I can give you is talk to a reputable broker who has been through the 87 market crash and he/she will probably know the promoters behind this company and then go talk to IT gurus and see what they think of all this BS behind this company's BS product. Dig deeper my son.
    with a bit of nous and an internet connection there's a lot you can find out for yourself y'know.... have you actually done any research or is your 'BS behind the BS product' comment just based on events that happened a year or more ago.

I spent a lot of time researching the NEW PLS management and advisory board. I was impressed, especially with Chris Tiensch. I'm not going to waste my time writing about why I think the product and the markets have potential, if I do I'm going to cop it for ramping.

DYOR, make your own decisions - I'm sitting on a 50% gain on my PLS shares which I'm happy with.

PLS is definitely speculative (especially in the current market) and there are things I'm still trying to piece together about the company and it's products. It would be nice to have some intelligent debate on the company here, but I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Must post before thread deleted

Perhaps a search for Windows Live Mobile would be in order.
    I am unsure that Cre8 have any advantage in the great scheme of things.
    Although this will bring them revenue how much is far from clear.
    Which other markets this 'product' would fit is also open to debate.

Presumably they have other ideas to pursue.

I will not mention the current $55m market cap either.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Here is Nitas view or spin on it all.

I know jack didley squat about the terminolgy used in the various announcements by PLS. Therefore I will never invest in this company or any other company that i dont understand the basic fundermentals of their announcements. It will be purely a gamble if i did.

If you do know what all the announcements mean and what the company is actually trying to achieve, then one can make an informed decision based on proper information rather than relying purely on luck.

Out of curiosity, maybe some whiz tec person can explain in lamens term what it means. Again i would still not invest but i am interested to know all the same.

discl. not holding

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Perhaps a search for Windows Live Mobile would be in order.
    I am unsure that Cre8 have any advantage in the great scheme of things.
    Although this will bring them revenue how much is far from clear.
    Which other markets this 'product' would fit is also open to debate.

Presumably they have other ideas to pursue.

I will not mention the current $55m market cap either.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    "First commercially available client and gateway service offering
    of Microsoft Windows Live™ for mobile using the latest
    Microsoft communications protocol, MSP3.0 – delivered by
    CRE8"

I suspect they mean that they're the first to do it under this new communications protocol, MSP3.0...Which really means SFA to be quite honest.

Looks pretty easy for Nokia users (this is not a CRE8 service):
    http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/...x?Locale=en-US
    Windows Live for Nokia is available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Indonesia and Philippines.

A lot of mobile phones utilise similar online capabilities, but the reality is: every man and his dog has a computer/laptop close to them, so why pay an extra arm and a leg for more online connectivity on top of that?