sharetrader
Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

World markets are suffering from inertia imo as the system we have lived by for thousands of years has been corrupted and the value of money is now questionable. When debt (government) levels get to unmanageable levels, when money is created by the trillion each year & zero interest rates can't inspire growth I would suggest there are some fundamental flaws in the economic system and global economy. One of the issues is poor use of capital. Normally capital is used to create, however now days there is too much of it controlled by few hands & that capital becomes lazy. We are also seeing corporates use capital to buy their own stock, another very poor use. The Fed. is now trying to normalize interest rates & I can't see US markets doing particularly well while this is going on. Never in modern times has there been so much wealth & so much of it sitting idle. Higher interest rates isn't going to assist in that regard, although I think the Fed has no choice but to normalize. Dare I say it, if the Republicans get in office, their economic driver of choice is likely to be war.

Just a few lazy holiday thoughts, after all sharing is caring. ;-)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Not a good start to the year with DOW down 2% odd

Even though the headline is A stock-market crash of 50%+ would not be a surprise — or the worst-case scenario the article does mention that this time is different - so no worries really

http://www.businessinsider.com/stocks-crash-2016-8
    Last edited by winner69; 05-01-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

"The old adage is 'if January goes, so goes the year and if the first week goes, so goes the whole month and so on', so it's not a good start," said Scott Brown, chief economist at Raymond James in Florida.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/marke...#ixzz3wJ5WBjB2
    Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Permanent Newbie

Here is hoping I have been waiting a long time for this crash. Hopefully a crash in the financial markets doesn't hurt the real economy too badly though.

Hey W69
    I thought retired people were supposed to be in cash and bonds once they retire.

Mind you the efforts to destroy currency put in by world central banks lately would make anyone nervous.

Aaron .....don't rush in

Plenty more carnage to come

You looking for another 50% 'crash' I take it ....might get your way

Listening to CNBC a bit today & I don't think I've heard so much negative rhetoric in regards global markets outlook since probably 2008/9.
    I'm hoping for a bounce & then I think I'll set a short position.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Yes. I agree with you. We can expect strong bounce. It is time to target wining individual stocks separated from the market. By April/May we could see strong market again.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 07-01-2016 at 11:10 PM.

IMO

Volatility plus,Dow up hundred ,and then down a hundred and then finished up a 50 points.Chartwise it looks like Zorro was on the tequila and licking the salt

Membaa

DOW fall from last week stopped at the 61.8% fib retrace (on my chart) and has bounced back a tad from there. Those fibs aren't lies ... just don't know how they do it.

DOW almost back to August lows. Unless we see oil bounce & hold I can't see this previous low holding. We may see a bounce here, but imo it will be a selling opportunity