sharetrader
Page 101 of 428 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4672

Hybrid View

It almost crossed my mind to sell a few RYM at $5.70 the other day ... the trouble was that if I did, I coudn't think of anything better to do with the money than use it to buy RYM.

Reflecting on this, I decided that a sell and re-buy amounted to nothing more than a gamble on share price, and I am not into gambling.

Whatever price RYM settles out at a month after announcing this May, the sp will grow by at least 2 cents a week on average every week for the next year or two and will only accelerate from there.

If you are happy turning $6 into at least $7 tax free in 12 months plus 3 dividend payouts , then buy.

PS. Ryman announced something ages ago about listing on the ASX didn't they?

Taking house prices and RYM shareprice on a monthly basis since Jan 2005 there is a 82% correlation between the day. This is very high and says (in theory) movements in house prices accounts for 82% of the movements in RYM shareprice

The annual changes in both makes an interesting chart - both lines the 5 change from a year earlier. Spooky eh

That's what the numbers say anyway ..... what you have to believe it

Jeez amazing what you can do waiting for a plane
    Last edited by winner69; 30-04-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Watch out when the OCR rises then and all those high and mighty people who bought in at the peak start having panic attacks in the middle of the night because they're near to foreclosure!
    OCR rise would actually be good for RYM target demographic - typically they would have paid off their mortgage (so no impact there) and have money in the bank so an OCR rise would actually make them feel wealthy.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    OCR rise would actually be good for RYM target demographic - typically they would have paid off their mortgage (so no impact there) and have money in the bank so an OCR rise would actually make them feel wealthy.
    No poetry here - nice one, Moosie! - but if an OCR increase has a negative effect on the property market it would affect potential RYM customers, either by making it more difficult to sell an existing home or by reducing the price, whether sold on the open market or via RYM's sale facility. Overall, probably a neutral effect?

It almost crossed my mind to sell a few RYM at $5.70 the other day ... the trouble was that if I did, I coudn't think of anything better to do with the money than use it to buy RYM.
    Hits the nail on the head perfectly, in my opinion.

Guru

Makes Sense-They are basically a very well run property rental company.
    Their greatest asset is property,along with the buildings and expertise.
    They make very good use of it in terms of cash flow.
    If property values decrease,they would still get cash flow ,but would certainly lose some asset worth.
    Not sure how that would affect further purchases,but as long as their equity is good ,I would imagine they would be able to weather the storm,even if the share price suffered a bit.
    As a landlord myself,Im hoping this scenario doesn't eventuate.

Guru

Winner - another thing. you have correlated it with share price, not profit. That just means that RYM was a steal at the point when the property market, and I assume the share market were at a low. If you compared to the NZX50, is there a similar correlation? Don't the finance guys call it the beta as apposed to the alpha?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Winner - another thing. you have correlated it with share price, not profit. That just means that RYM was a steal at the point when the property market, and I assume the share market were at a low. If you compared to the NZX50, is there a similar correlation? Don't the finance guys call it the beta as apposed to the alpha?
    Possibly a lurking varible in there!

$6.00
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    This announcement is good for another $1.50 by teatime eh?

RYM
    30/04/2013 12:00
    GENERAL

REL: 1200 HRS Ryman Healthcare Limited

GENERAL: RYM: Ryman Healthcare 2013 Full Year Results Release Date

Ryman Healthcare Limited (RYM) advises that it will make its result
    announcement for the year ending 31 March 2013 to the market on Thursday 16
    May 2013.
    End CA:00235662 For:RYM Type:GENERAL Time:2013-04-30 12:00:31
    Careful there young moosie, you are straying in to Tiger territory.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum