sharetrader
Page 156 of 468 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 4672

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This could work out very positive for the sector if the Govt ends up having to put in more funding to close the pay gap,already Rym are putting in money from profits to increase staff wages, this battle isnt really about the retirement sector but that woman should be paid the same as a man if they are doing the same job which oddly enough they are in this sector already, i know many male caregivers and they are not getting paid more than the woman for the same job,this whole thing is a test case for all work places
    The argument isn't over men and women in the same roles, its over the nature of 'work' itself. Men centric jobs pay themselves more than woman centric jobs do.

Both jobs need to be done. It is disadvantageous to be in a woman centric role (support, service, nurture, type roles). Both male and female centric professions perform roles in society. Why should pay be different between those in a role that generates profits versus those that support society - its a case that takes a holistic look at the nature of 'work' and 'reward'. This is what the argument is about.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Not sure what's going on but the Bears might have gone into hibernation ........
    Don't be so sure, SL.

The charts are showing me staggered resistance - $8.00 then $7.90 then $7.85. Smarter bears sit down every so often before again rising up on their haunches. The big boost in Equity markets last Thursday has done little to boost RYM's sp. If 770 gets broken then that would confirm a downward trend (for the short-term at least).

...of course, if its sp was to break through $7.90 then Bulls may indeed be making a comeback, but don't be surprised if there is some profit taking already underway with this pup which will drive the price south for a while. My best guess (hang me out to dry on it if you must) is a sp closer to $7 by end of January.

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 23-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Interesting prediction. We shall await with interest if the $7 for RYM comes to pass!
    Yes STC someone else on here predicted that the price would be back to $7 by now but that hasnt happened,it may actually gather momentum come mid Jan but thern again Bobcat was right when he said Ryman was turning a couple of days before the half year results having hit $8.12 a week or so before that and it ended up going to $7.38 so hard to tell i guess

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Always with the negative waves Moriaty, always with the negative waves

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Don't be so sure, SL.

The charts are showing me staggered resistance - $8.00 then $7.90 then $7.85. Smarter bears sit down every so often before again rising up on their haunches. The big boost in Equity markets last Thursday has done little to boost RYM's sp. If 770 gets broken then that would confirm a downward trend (for the short-term at least).

...of course, if its sp was to break through $7.90 then Bulls may indeed be making a comeback, but don't be surprised if there is some profit taking already underway with this pup which will drive the price south for a while. My best guess (hang me out to dry on it if you must) is a sp closer to $7 by end of January.

BC
    Looks OK from where I am:
    Attachment 5243

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Always nice to see a director of Ryman buying on market, and in nice volumes too. $116,000 worth of shares.

George Savvides is the relatively recently appointed Australian director. No doubt he is heartened by what he sees in Melbourne.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/RYM/announcements/245613

Google his name, he's quite a well regarded businessman.
    Ryman certainly did well to get him to join the board.A very experienced and very highly regarded businessman.
    He would have looked very carefully ay Ryman,before deciding to join the board.
    As per everything Ryman do,they do it well.

Banned

From the latest edition of the Ryman Times for those who are interested. "In Melbourne Deb Versey and Dale Singleton are busy selling the village as fast as Martyn Osborn and the team can build it. The welcome has certainly been warm over the Tasman and we are becoming more confident that Melbourne is ready for Ryman"ends

What are all the piddly numbers of trades going through today, computer manipulation ???

Whatever, might get it over $7.90 today

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    What are all the piddly numbers of trades going through today, computer manipulation ???

Whatever, might get it over $7.90 today
    Piddly is because it's Christmas/New Year. Piddly trading.. piddle turnover... basically piddle everywhere... nearly all stocks. If one is not on holiday, or not too busy with relatives & friends, then one might take a look at the Bourse, but mostly buying & selling will resume in earnest around 6th Jan.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Piddly is because it's Christmas/New Year. Piddly trading.. piddle turnover... basically piddle everywhere... nearly all stocks. If one is not on holiday, or not too busy with relatives & friends, then one might take a look at the Bourse, but mostly buying & selling will resume in earnest around 6th Jan.
    ........ and really hit its straps once Auckland and Wellington anniversary holidays are out of the way!

This article confirms a number of things I have previously stated about the aged care sector. Ryman and Summerset are going to do very well from the demographics of aged care.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...ome-beds-looms
    Thanks Sparky.

Within the article, I am surprised at Nachi Moghe comments given his dismal track-record of continually undervaluing Ryman over the past many years via Morningstar.... as you and I well know.

Even now he has Ryman at REDUCE with a valuation of $6.00/share and this only recently changed from a SELL with a valuation of $5.00/share.

Could there be a chance that he will review his figures to portray reality? I for one wont be holding my breath.