sharetrader
Page 254 of 468 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4672
    Veteran novice

I had a look at the new Bob Scott village in Petone over the holidays. It's an impressive complex, much bigger than any of the other, mainly Wellington, Ryman villages that I've seen. Several 4 and 5 level buildings and foundations starting for more. Hard to avoid an "institutional" impression, I would think although it does look out to parks and gardens.

The first block looks to be completed - first occupants moved in during December. Ryman's numbers will get a big boost when it's fully occupied!

Reasonable sized correction over the last few weeks has me putting this back on my watch list. Like many I think this is a very well managed company with tremendous credibility. Its getting close to my buy price. I will stick with my own internal valuation methodology and look for an entry around $7.40 -$7.50 which is where I see good long term value. This is a time adjusted derivative of my original $6.50 value stated about 2 years ago and reflects EPS growth since then. I would be happy to be a shareholder again at that level but if it doesn't happen I'm quite relaxed and philosophical about it.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-01-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Edit to improve grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Reasonable sized correction over the last few weeks has me putting this back on my watch list. Like many I think this is a very well managed company with tremendous credibility. Its getting close to my buy price. I will stick with my own internal valuation methodology and look for an entry around $7.40 -$7.50 which is where I see good long term value. This is a time adjusted derivative of my original $6.50 value stated about 2 years ago and reflects EPS growth since then. I would be happy to be a shareholder again at that level but if it doesn't happen I'm quite relaxed and philosophical about it.
    Nice to see you back Roger.

I too hope RYM's SP drops to your desired range so I can buy more too, but at what I see as a small bargain (fair price at the moment by my methods is just a tad over $8.00).

I am expecting four (probably) separate announcements from RYM before 31 March this year as per their H1 guidance that they will open 4 new villages by then. I predict that each announcement (should they come) will temporarily boost the SP from the $8.00 that it is today. As such I will be a bit surprised (and delighted) if it drops to $7.50 or less in the short term.

Guru

I could be interested if it drops to $7.50, although I'm not sure if it will happen...

Dropped to $7.05 back in October I think

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Optimist View Post
    Dropped to $7.05 back in October I think
    That would be right -- I picked up my holding at $7.15 on 7th October.

Veteran novice

Ryman buys its third Melbourne site. Burwood East, in the affluent eastern suburbs.
    Last edited by macduffy; 01-02-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Ryman buys its third Melbourne site. Burwood East, in the affluent eastern suburbs.
    Really nice area Burwood East. Lived there for a while. Would have thought the share price would have jumped on this news but I think most expected it.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Really nice area Burwood East. Lived there for a while. Would have thought the share price would have jumped on this news but I think most expected it.
    I lived in Glen Waverley in the late 60's, early 70's. A bit further out but couldn't afford Burwood East or closer to the city. Agree, BE's a nice area and should do well for RYM.

Last year there was some talk about listing on the ozzy exchange.One reason being ..supposedly that new clients in Ryman institutions were supposedly so enamoured with there new digs they wanted buy shares in the company.
    This perhaps maybe an ideal time for some dilution of shares...a share split...last one was about 7 ? 8? years ago at $11.33 5/1

Any thoughts ? cheers
    Last edited by troyvdh; 01-02-2016 at 05:06 PM.