sharetrader
Page 305 of 465 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 4649
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    A lot of people just buy into the news of 13% growth without even looking at what was expected...

Chances are the market will be friendly this morning.
    Initially maybe but the big players can't be fooled. Disc-Sold my holding a couple of days ago when there was no run up on the share price and I was pretty certain they wouldn't make the 15%. Will be a better re entry price coming up

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    SUM grew underlying profits 50% in the last year and an average of 48% per annum for the last five years and currently trades on a forward PE of 5 less than RYM...Hmmmm
    RYM about 21 for 31/3/18 year and SUM about 16 for 31/12/2017 year. Interesting situation...
    RYMAN - 55% of the NZD383.4 million operating revenue it generated in the 2016 financial year came from the provision of different medical and age-care services, 32% from the sale and resale of occupancy rights, and 13% from ongoing management fees.

SUMMERSET - 75% of the NZD140.2 million operating revenue it generated in the 2016 financial year came from the sale and resale of occupancy rights, 16% from the provision of different medical and age-care services and the remaining 10% from ongoing management fees.

These two are playing somewhat different games, RYM is weighted towards aged care and SUM is reliant on occupancy sales.
    Last edited by hardt; 19-05-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Simon Challies stepping down as CEO due to Parkinsons disease. After 18 years of service to Ryman, it's time to look after yourself. Congratulations on a fantastic phenomenal job, well done!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Initially maybe but the big players can't be fooled. Disc-Sold my holding a couple of days ago when there was no run up on the share price and I was pretty certain they wouldn't make the 15%. Will be a better re entry price coming up
    Well done. RYM sp has still outperformed both MET (by 2.5%) and SUM (by 4%) in the past month. So it will be interesting to see how the market marks RYM now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Simon Challies stepping down as CEO due to Parkinsons disease. After 18 years of service to Ryman, it's time to look after yourself. Congratulations on a fantastic phenomenal job, well done!
    A big loss for the company, a fantastic person and role model of what a CEO should look like.

Correct, I got out this morning at 868, will look for a good entry as Ryman is still outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I'll summarize it in alarming terms: Arvida Group ('the old dog') is likely to have nearly (give or take a few percent) as much EPS growth this year, and the bigger, better, faster years are still ahead of it... yet Ryman is trading at a huge premium (due to its supposed exemplary management).

They didn't miss it by 2% or a couple of million, they were off it by 15% (2% / 13%) in my view.

Lets hope they get the pipeline sorted and don't miss it again, otherwise a re-rating is required (if not already over due)

Will be interesting to see how market reacts
    H2 earnings growth must have been a lot greater than 15% (after a poorish H1)

Momentum is going their way
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

A big loss for the company, a fantastic person and role model of what a CEO should look like.
    Agree ,I wish him well for the future.
    A genuine gentleman,who always aimed for the very best for his residents.

Is my math correct assets grew by circa 900million

the new CEO should share similar with the Simon, and should have taken more responsibility since Simon was not well I guess, so not to worry about there... RYM is more expensive compared to SUM and ARV but it has 16 years of growth, maybe when SUM had 16 years of growth it would be more expensive then RYM atm. DYOR and Disc-holding