sharetrader
Page 310 of 465 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4648
    IMO

Sorry percy , but its a fact that RYM has been in the doldrums for some time; im glad i sold out some time ago and while its still early the s/p so far hasn't responded well today.I just think too many ducks aren't lined up atm re whats been going on ,including sentiment; i willl be happy to get back on board when they do line up. But i do wonder if the perfect storm , golden days of investing gains is behind us in the sector; i know there is an ever increasing ageing population demand for the sector going forward that should help it to still be a good sector longterm but not necessarily as stellar as the past. Just my opinion.

percy

I would suggest you read Ryman's annual report.

The fundamentals will not stop improving over time with Ryman, but there are just too many options on the market that have very similar offerings for any one to be the darling.

RYM's PE does not make a compelling case for itself against SUM other companies with a much lower PE growing at three times the pace.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Ryman annual report is a must read for anyone wanting to understand Ryman, and the retirement sector.It is written by the people who know the sector best,who have been successful in the sector for a very long time,and who have laid the foundations for ongoing growth.
    go to www.nzx.com
    enter RYM.
    go to announcements
    then annual report.

Three years of tracking sideways as predicted Percy and I reckon you're on for at least another one. Just as well some of your other shares pay proper dividends and continue to go up mate. For those who are interested https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/260468.pdf I'm getting a beating in SUM other share and definitely don't feel the need to repeat that with this one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-07-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sorry percy , but its a fact that RYM has been in the doldrums for some time; im glad i sold out some time ago and while its still early the s/p so far hasn't responded well today.I just think too many ducks aren't lined up atm re whats been going on ,including sentiment; i willl be happy to get back on board when they do line up. But i do wonder if the perfect storm , golden days of investing gains is behind us in the sector; i know there is an ever increasing ageing population demand for the sector going forward that should help it to still be a good sector longterm but not necessarily as stellar as the past. Just my opinion.
    RYM as a company not been in the doldrums for some time - still building and looking after oldies and making heaps of dosh.

Share price gone nowhere for years though because punted bid it up to ridiculous multiples - it was always going to be a case of ridiculous high PEs lead to below average future returns (documented on this thread 3 years or so ago)

RYM still be rerated and probably still has at least a year to go with share price about this level - years time might be down to a PE of below 20 (compared to 40 about 3 to 4 years ago)

Golden days for RYM will continue - golden days for shareholders will start again one day.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Interestingly, no way would Winner have seen my post directly above his due to the time stamp and time taken to type up his post above and I can confirm to others we have not been comparing notes in recent weeks on this. We both felt three years or so ago that RYM would go nowhere for three years and both feel there's at least one more year of that to come. We've been right so far, lets see how we go for this coming year. Disc Hold SUM other much faster growing company of a current year underlying PE of only 14.2.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.

2018 is looking like its going to be a bumper year for Ryman, I think the 3 years of SP pain will probably come to an end relatively soon. Once we start to get through the next reporting period (which will also be post election) and start to look forward 6, 12 months, I would expect the share price to respond if It hasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Ryman annual report is a must read for anyone wanting to understand Ryman, and the retirement sector.It is written by the people who know the sector best,who have been successful in the sector for a very long time,and who have laid the foundations for ongoing growth.
    go to www.nzx.com
    enter RYM.
    go to announcements
    then annual report.
    I see what you mean ... "Ready for the next wave". And yes, no matter how the market rates RYM and the other retirement village providers in the short term, in the long run I am sure they are all very well positioned . Providing a great solution in a time when potential clients are already doubling over the period of two decades just courtesy to the NZ birth statistics - and this is not even considering increased life span (resulting in more people in need of support) and potentially more people deciding to retire in NZ ... talk about a sellers market .

Doesn't looks like we need to worry about an oversupply of quality retirement home places anytime soon.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)