sharetrader
Page 309 of 462 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4618

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah media know how to sensationalise things. 4 corners programme on the 26th Video Bleed Them Dry Until They Die
    Prospective licencees must obtain independent legal advice to forestall as much as possible "buyer's remorse". The consequences are fully explained. As in all things, it is inevitable that some will regret their decisions.

Guru

That article was positive for the RYM, SUM et al. In brief as I read it: No tax because of non-taxable gains and development of aged-care facilities. Without this business & tax model, who else would be developing the aged-care infrastructure?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That article was positive for the RYM, SUM et al. In brief as I read it: No tax because of non-taxable gains and development of aged-care facilities. Without this business & tax model, who else would be developing the aged-care infrastructure?
    Imagine the fiasco, if The Government in partnership with FBU decided to develop age care villages.
    I would guess each village would cost at least twice what RYN/SUM develop them for.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Imagine the fiasco, if The Government in partnership with FBU decided to develop age care villages.
    I would guess each village would cost at least twice what RYN/SUM develop them for.
    True - but then FBU would only quote 90% of the cost and go bankrupt. Taxpayers would need to cover a hugely increased payment for the dole.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

AOG down re 9% today. Their response to questions/accusations. below. I guess all similar companies will be scrutinised, which is good; to make sure RYM etc are doing the right thing; be great to get a good bill of health and confidence in the retirement ,care, prop sector here.
    Aveo's response to Fairfax/Four Corners
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 26-06-2017 at 08:27 PM.

AOG down re 9% today. Their response to questions/accusations. below. I guess all similar companies will be scrutinised, which is good; to make sure RYM etc are doing the right thing; be great to get a good bill of health and confidence in the retirement care prop sector here.
    Aveo's response to Fairfax/Four Corners
    Aveo is focused on churning customers for profit (given that it is entitled to large exit fees of up to 35%-40% of the property value when residents leave)

Despite units being freehold, Aveo imposes draconian clauses and restrictions on residents with overly legalistic and imposing contracts

The company is effectively converting its freehold properties to leasehold ‘by stealth’ and is confusing customers about what they are actually purchasing

The company is engaged in ‘asset stripping’ via charging very high fees including real estate agent fees (the company is its own agent) and exit fees when a resident leaves

http://www.fool.com.au/2017/06/26/wh...-plunge-today/

Might start getting hot over here soon too.
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

For this year's RYM annual report.
    page 2 The Chairman; "We are also reaping the rewards of many years of reinvestment in Ryman,and are on the cusp of a great period of growth as the population ages."..."We invested a record $525 million to meet the demands .""We've made good progress thanks to growing resident demand for our unique Ryman-style villages."
    page 6."We are confident demand for our villages will continue to grow.""They meet a real and growing need in the community,and remain affordable for residents to move in and free up capital."
    page 7.New CEO Designate."We offer residents beautiful retirement living options,but,most importantly,the security and peace of mind of knowing there is great care available when needed.""The next phase of growth will be unprecedented in the company's history and I believe your support will be rewarded."
    page 8 Simon."Ryman Healthcare ended the year in great shape,and with a fantastic platform for the growth we see ahead."
    "You could say that we have spent the past 18 years since we listed warming up for the main event-and it is about to begin."
    Last edited by percy; 30-06-2017 at 08:34 AM.

IMO

Sounds great, hope so after 3 years of the S/P crabbing aimlessly sideways.Down 5c at 11.54am.

percy

Sounds great, hope so after 3 years of the S/P crabbing aimlessly sideways.Down 5c at 11.54am.
    And you wonder why a lot of people can't be bothered posting.
    Sorry but I expect better from you.