sharetrader
Page 208 of 229 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2288

Thread: All Ords Index.

Corporate

unbelievable how badly the resource companies are doing. Everything else is booming!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Definitely one of the worst trading week for me so far in my career. Every day is red and 7 red trading days in a row. Kind of like losing a new car.

The worst thing??? The aussie market went up everyday in those 7 days. I guess div paying solid blue chips are running hot, and specs and gold stocks getting the spank.

My mistake for not getting is pole position.

I can't believe one can lose so much in a booming market. What an irony.....That's my vent for now. I have lighten quite significantly to adhere to rule number 9.
    Pretty much me too - And I promised myself months ago I'd move away from resources into blue chip / low PE / divvie stocks, but just haven't had the time to do the research. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Definitely one of the worst trading week for me so far in my career. Every day is red and 7 red trading days in a row. Kind of like losing a new car.

The worst thing??? The aussie market went up everyday in those 7 days. I guess div paying solid blue chips are running hot, and specs and gold stocks getting the spank.

My mistake for not getting is pole position.

I can't believe one can lose so much in a booming market. What an irony.....That's my vent for now. I have lighten quite significantly to adhere to rule number 9.
    I am with you SM...been a tough week. A few of mine just drifted lower as the market moved slowly upwards. Bought some TTE during the week at 1.4 and 1.5. First purchase of those but they are a bit unloved at the moment. Have buy orders in for more ROC at 40 and sub 40 as it is the most solid small/med cap oil company on the ASX IMO....

Next week is another week....

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    The mining boom was declared over mid last year - the writing was on the wall. Big money is moving off the sidelines again, growth stocks are having their P/Es rerated, dividend stocks are attracting funds as interest rates are lowered. Its an easy market to make money in - just stick to profitable companies, P/E less than 15, with double digit returns on equity and capital, and paying a dividend. From there, I think you can pretty much throw darts at the list!
    I know what you mean, I'm making so much money in this market, it is making me increasingly nervous.

Best of all, I'm not actually DOING anything. Most of the things making the money are things I bought in 2009.

Markets are strange things. Today, the market appears to want things that earn real money, grow consistently, have lowish debts, pay a growing dividend and can be bought on a low valuation.

That is all I ever try to buy so I guess I'm temporarily in the sweet spot, well aware that it won't last and starting to eye up a few exit opportunities.

I've sold half my IRI which I'd been holding since 2008 and am thinking of taking the top off CCP, which is now a large overweight position, but think there is still a bit in it.

Even CLH has started doing something. It bobbed around the 70's for what, a year or so and was available in decent volumes in the 30's-50's before that. No interest shown, even though profits and dividends consistently nudging up.

Now all of a sudden, bang, $1.30 and I start hearing punters online talking about $2 or $3.

To the resources guys - I'm sure your time will soon come again and this is the sector I'm spending the most time looking at today (no buys yet though and a zero weighting to resources).
    Last edited by Stranger_Danger; 26-01-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Advanced Member

Definitely KW was on the ball. The in's was about 2 months ago. The banks all returns approx 10% in those time. The future yield for the banks still represent about 8% after allowing for franking.

Specs stocks, oil stocks and gold and commodities coy getting the hammering. The blue chips miners doing OK.

Definitely time for me to re-strat. Like Gaz said, next week is another week....

Guru

close at 4911
    Getting close to the 5000 now..eh Winner

5000 by mid February??

we won't mention about another BM correction ....ooops.. too late

Why stop at 5000 ..... 5500 here we come methinks

Even though this guy Hussman the market is overvalued, overbought, overbullish, and when all through happen at once down she goes

You might enjoy the article hoop
    http://www.hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc130128.htm

Belg would say it a load od codswallop so maybe don't read it

ASX taking a pause today after rising for 10 consecutive days in a row.

Jan a boom month for All Ords .... PE increased by whole 1 point to 16.5 .... on flat earnings

Maybe a secular bull (PE Ratio in a uptrend) after all .... if so then 6000-6500 by christmas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jan a boom month for All Ords .... PE increased by whole 1 point to 16.5 .... on flat earnings

Maybe a secular bull (PE Ratio in a uptrend) after all .... if so then 6000-6500 by christmas
    Another day, another new year high. TLS was very strong on their ex-dividend day. Dividend yield on consistent div paying stocks could well be pushed under 5% FF, meaning a movement to 5500 in the short-term very possible. No time for a pause?

Banks stock and engineering stocks are booming. Definitely, the bull has already began. Where does it stop, nobody knows.

Cash rate might go down due to the economy slowdown and concurrently stocks going up because of their div yield.......is there a contradiction or is it just common sense. (I am implying sharemarket booming while the economy is slowing)

Perhaps time for a chart by one of the pros....Hoops or Tracks?
    Last edited by soulman; 18-02-2013 at 06:33 PM.