sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiwim View Post
    Yes Strat I know that feeling.
    With National Bank in its heyday as online broker, the ASX stop loss worked well.
    Pitty that direct cannot sort out their technical problem!
    i started share trading just before the gfc hit. at the time nbnz was using something called
    first nz capital i think. when i started, they had all the stuff - stop loss/live watchlist etc etc. within a week they took one of those facilities away. cant remember which one, it
    doesnt matter. they whittled it down to almost nothing then eventually they swapped to direct brokers. the combination of this and the gfc didnt do my trading acct alot of good, although i have made it up since(a bit of a struggle and alot of learning - more to do).
    nbnz really should make available an aud account and direct brokers should offer straight through processing and stoploss on asx(at least).

ANZ Securities

Default Stop losses etc

Hi STRAT, kiwiwim, Brut and jennym.

Thanks to you all for the feedback.

Unfortunately all I can say is that for various reasons and restrictions we are, at this point in time, unable to deliver on the points you have raised.

Please stay tuned for further updates - your comments are not falling on deaf ears.

Thanks for your patience and time,
    Alice
    ANZ Securities
    0800 805 777