sharetrader
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by newbietrader View Post
    oh my...missed opportunity..was looking at 0.175..and tempted to get in...sigh...now 0.19
    You and me both, I had an order for more @ 17.5c that I actually pulled right on open as I wanted to see the reaction to the latest announcement. Lol.

Oh well, still have heaps

Advanced Member

That fall on Fri was all done in the last half hour or so. It was 19 cents all day and then boom....closing at 16.5 cents. People heading for the hills since the support at 18.5 was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Tobo and Drillfix, I'd be inclined to take the MACD indicator off my watch list
    Agreed Phaedrus, I would Not solely use or rely on MACD buy signals throughout a chart, as I would have found it useful viewing MACD in conjunction along some EMA and CCI.

It is said that MACD is difficult to decipher in a sideways market, but a trending market allows it to be used effectively. NGE has gone sideways for quite some time however my previous post was referring to more the Trend the stock was and is currently in. Check back a Apr/May 08 and you will see if you use a CCI:90 indicator, that has cracked 100 would have added a Buy as it did off and on a few months leading up to huge volume starting Sept.

If it were me considering a entery/re-entry, I would prefer the SP sitting slightly above the EMA's, but having said that, it appears that crossing EMA's are becoming apparent, so good reason to be cautious.

Hope that make sense

ps: I dont hold.
    Last edited by drillfix; 06-10-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Hey all,
    These are my own thoughts...
    here is an overview of New Guinea Energys 6 permits within PNG...In the Paupan Basin where 350 wells have been drilled to date with extensive success makes this a prolific region for LNG expansion (of both reserves and further exploration upside), which has bought on the PNG LNG project.... with International large oil, ASX Large Oil, and a select group of ASX junior oilers set to benefit on a scale not seen by any of these juniors companies...
    4 Junior ASX oilers (that I can see) positioned in this region (NGE, CUE, HZN, MOS)...
    here is a picture, where I have drawn in NGEs 6 permits...
    I will discuss these permits in further detail now and in time, tying in the reasons why PNG LNG is set to give big exposure to NGE with its super large portfolio of acerage and most importantly our 2 permits right in the middle of the whole project... (and three other significant, but less important permits off to the west)... and permit PPL 267 with up and coming drilling...

-permit PPL 277 which is the first most northern permit to the Fold belt,
    which could be described as a series of 10 plus oil and gas fields, all on trend which will be developed into PNG LNG...

-permit PPL 269, another exciting permit which lies in the upper region connecting to the fold belt through a Dog Leg and surrounded by big discoveries to the North, South and East with potential for the Stanley Gas field overlapping into our permit... (recent Talisman, HZN deal)....
    The main reserves surronded by this permit (P'nyang, Hides, Juha North)
    compromise the Northern PNG LNG Train, which PPL 269 could be tied into...
    -Permit PPL 267 with oil seeps, and target well named Panakawa...

So basically NGE has two permits right in the sweet spot of the PNG LNG project (PPL 269,PPL277) which SHOULD hold major focus for oil majors NOW as they get themselves positioned to take advantage of full scale development of the region...
    Little NGE without reserves, but with a swagga of tasty permits.... oh my.... Ive not seen it like this before... what a treat...

Down the line this investment will really perform from two angles...
    1) oil and gas exploration
    2) holding strategic assets

The most important thing you must realise is that we dont need to discover oil/gas for NGE to perform... because we are tied into the vast, expansive development of the region, by being positioned with permits right in the middle...

Just like the Queensland Coal Seam Gas industry, the testiment to value behind PNG LNG is hidden in all the transactions/mergers/acquisitons that have taken place to date...
    In the last few months these transactions have really blown out, exposing the region in what were previously stranded gas assets
    Deals include- the Sasol deal, Oil Search farmins on the back of OSH selling down a small stake in PNG LNG to further expand on underdeveloped exploration targets (which is very good news for the likes of CUE), and of course Talisman- HZN, Talisman-NGE, Talisman-Rift oil... P3GE selling PRL5 to Santos... the list goes on...
    Oil Search is set to book 550 million Barrels of oil reserves (BOE) from PNG LNG, and triple its production profile going forward...

In the Picture at the top the Blue Arrow signifies the (roughly drawn) proposed Gas pipeline which will transport gas to an LNG facility 20kms Northwest of Port Moresby where gas will be liquified and shipped to World Markets...

I am hearing that this month, Oil Search is going to announce some further cost cutting initiatives that will come to market... Did you also know that out of all the LNG Projects Worldwide pending Final Investment Decision,
    that PNG LNG has the lowest Capex already?
    Yes, Ichthys, Gladstone (CSG) capex approx 30% higher...

I seriously think that NGE without any exploration success will be a one dollar stock down the line...
    On that note, this is technically not a risky investment...
    Front end large returns come from exploration drilling, but it is always good to know that we fall back on PNG LNG as we feed off the developments in the region...
    We all have punting type stocks, and all that... but when I seriously make large positions (when I go all in, which I had virtually done with CUE)...I go in looking for stocks which have characterisitics of low downside, big upside...
    upside does not have to be through exploration success, it comes in the form of holding these strategic assets... and the downside is protected from International
    exposure within PNG over the next 5 years....

Check out our connections through our non exec director, Simon Korua...
    Wow...

Oh my,
    Over the last few years I have not been rampant about too many oilers...
    This is one to seriously rampage about...
    These sorts of investments, with the likes of CUE's PNG exposure, do not come around very often at all... Sure there will always be returns to be made on the sharemarket... BUT, not like this...
    This story, and the whole Queensland CSG story comes on a totally new level... Since when should there be such things as a low risk 500% return?...
    low down, big up....

Gone were the days when one needed to invest in high risk, high cost, offshore (eg WA at the moment taken off)... A small window of opportunity over the next few years has presented itself, just as large as offshore drilling, but on a whole new risk level as the costs are lower...

Make sure you get positioned in PNG, and make sure you get positioned into Queensland CSG...
    These stories only get bigger and better...

I dont know when NGE hits $1 per stock, but it does... and in a serious way... wow... I still cant really believe we are positioned right there with a market cap of what 80 million?
    on a project that will earn trillions of dollars...
    and we roll with the big boys who get the job done...
    There will be no mistake about that...
    im in at 20c, thinking of loading up in a serious way...
    I might just have to average down or up...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Thanks for that excellent post Shrewdy.

It is a good story alright

There you go Trackers and Newbie Trader. You guys get another chance back at 17.5c.

Im going to wait a bit and see how it plays out.

This stock piqued my interest when Mr. Shrewd first posted about it - I have done some research and like the look of it.

However, I am no chartist, but when I first looked at this (price circa 23c) it did not look like a buy to me using my rudimentary charting skills, so I placed an order near the long-term trend. Still using my far from expert charting skills, I still don't think this is a buy and am maintaining my order at the long-term trend, will be interesting to see if it gets hit.

If it changes direction significantly upwards before my order gets hit then I may still consider jumping onboard, as, as I said before, fundamentally it looks like it has got the goods.

For now I'm firmly in Strat's camp - wait and see - and happy to be there.

And thanks to Shrewd for putting this on my radar and all his research - I owe you a beer - well, if it makes me some money!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyroo View Post
    maintaining my order at the long-term trend, will be interesting to see if it gets hit.

Hi Mattyroo.

That would be around 12.5-13.0c

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Hi Mattyroo.

That would be around 12.5-13.0c
    Spot on.....

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Thanks for that excellent post Shrewdy.

It is a good story alright

There you go Trackers and Newbie Trader. You guys get another chance back at 17.5c.

Im going to wait a bit and see how it plays out.
    I'm concerned as the sp can go up or down so much..will have to wait n see ..SC..nice post

Hi Mattyroo,

I am hoping that it does not get down to the levels you are contempating as I am already in at an average of just over 19. However, it could well do that if the news flow dries up and global markets have a sizeable correction. I will be looking to average down if that is the case which I think is a big no no with Phadeus. Given the recent positive news and strong underlying assets, I am hoping it will move forward from where the current share price especially if the December drill is goes ahead as planned.