sharetrader
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

ALQ broke through support of $5 today.

Brokers a forecasting a full year result of $137mill leaving it on a forecast pe of 14.7 at today's close price. This must be one of the highest pe ratio's in the mining services sector.

The half year results are coming up on 24th Nov. Perhaps the market is expecting a weaker result than forecast ($64mil) or a poor outlook. Given the recent track record of disappointment, it would not be a surprise.

My short is still open. I'll tighten my stop prior to the half year result.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Veteran novice

I hope you've closed out your short, noodles. The SP's taken a battering lately but is up 16.6% today on beating half year profit guidance.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014112...c83vxj5qm0.pdf
    Last edited by macduffy; 24-11-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I hope you've closed out your short, noodles. The SP's taken a battering lately but is up 16.6% today on beating half year profit guidance.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014112...c83vxj5qm0.pdf
    I'm out. What a brutal days for shorters. The heart bleeds

I actually tried to buy some stock during the auction, but it gaped too much for me.

Long suffering longs will be pleased that they actually beat forecast. 4th quarter sounds awkward, so not out of the woods yet. Certainly won't be looking to short or long on this stock for a while yet.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I'm out. What a brutal days for shorters. The heart bleeds

I actually tried to buy some stock during the auction, but it gaped too much for me.

Long suffering longs will be pleased that they actually beat forecast. 4th quarter sounds awkward, so not out of the woods yet. Certainly won't be looking to short or long on this stock for a while yet.
    Back down again today.

Hey noodles, who do you short with ? and do you need to be a high net worth sophisticated investor ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Back down again today.

Hey noodles, who do you short with ? and do you need to be a high net worth sophisticated investor ?
    -provider is ig.com
    -I remember having to do a test when signing up for CMC when in the UK. They wanted to ensure I knew the risks. However, nothing for IG when signing up from NZ. They don't care if you are high net worth or not.

Be careful. CFD's are highly leveraged.

Veteran novice

Quite a while since any interest was shown in ALQ as it battles the mining blues, along with its major customers. Along comes private equity "saviour" with a bid at $5.30, quickly rejected by the company as "opportunistic".

http://www.asx.com.au/prices/market-...60602ec62000up

IMO

Thanks mac; maybe another indicator that the bottom is in for M/S companies.? Still holding BYL and BOL and HDX which i was far too early in unfort. May look at a new thread re the better M/S companies to look at if i can fit it in.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks mac; maybe another indicator that the bottom is in for M/S companies.?
    M/S stocks have had a great run since generally.Been running hot!

Indeed. Any thoughts on SXE? (WAM keen holders)

IMO

Noted SXE down yest $45 mill cash and$83-89 mill mkt cap no debt? Profit and margins up Revenue down a lot. Lumpy 2nd half drop off. Is this why mkt pushed s/p down? From 60c to 52c.
    Two thirds of rev came in first half and NPAT $3.8 mill, $5.4 mill NPAT full year (last year $4.2 mill), s/p low 30's then). As far as I've got. Bought TPP yest and its up today with SRG, on a down day so heres hoping.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 25-08-2016 at 11:01 PM.