Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
So in summation, you'd be using the current short-term rally to roll off some or all of your long equity exposure (presumably at a solid profit). Thanks for your thoughts again.
...yes quite right (did the last stock trade sometime last week), one of the main reason why I do not want to trade Australian stocks now is that the US markets seem to be top heavy and the Australian market opens after the US markets close; other reasons are, the USD is extremely oversold and the increasingly obvious divergence between the US bond and US equity markets; not quite sure about the impact of the latest RBA 0.25% interest hike on equity markets but it seems that someone in there is thinking that the world economy does rather well;

...still hold on to my investment (it is correct that I have not sold one investment share even during the 2007/2008 crash) and use index hedges for capital protection (you may also go to the derivative market and sell your investment holding 'short' during downtrends (you still receive the dividend stream), but this option is more expensive because you need to pay the monthly ASX-fee to hold the portfolio' short';

...but even so I hold no equities to trade, I can still play the upside in the markets with index long positions which can be executed at any time day or night

...also remember: my trading horizon is more often than not extremely short

Kind Regards