sharetrader
Page 171 of 191 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1906
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...next-big-buyer

Hedge Funds Trailing Stock Rally May Be S&P 500’s Next Big Buyer
    Ugly stuff is happening...Looking at today's performance so far, they may be thankful they're out...

S&P back to where it was a month ago

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

@RBAdvisors: $Copper up today despite turmoil. Could Dr. Copper be forecasting #Brexit isn’t the end of the free world?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    S&P back to where it was a month ago

No worries
    S&P500 back to where it was 3 months ago, and falling.

No worries, pass the Tui.

Guru

There are worries for me as my Sentiment Indicator GET OUT signal has been triggered..It happened Friday and my attention was elsewhere otherwise I would've posted this last Saturday..
    Its been a while since the last Get Out trigger see post #1618 page 108 Mid November 2015 Ive since changed the EMA50 to MA50as EMA50 seemed too sensitive.The November warning was a partial failure due to over sensitive EMA50..the first failure since I started using this indicator over 3 years now...My sentiment indicator gives usually a couple of days warning (not this time...shock happening but 2 warnings did trigger).
    The indicator does not indicate how deep the correction could be..

Guru

How useful to the NZ sharemarket is my S&P500 Sentiment Indicator ?...

The chart below shows for the most times over the last year the S&P500 and NZX50 correlated very well at 0.81 ..significant...However it was a little wobbly in May

Last edited by Hoop; 28-06-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    There are worries for me as my Sentiment Indicator GET OUT signal has been triggered..It happened Friday and my attention was elsewhere otherwise I would've posted this last Saturday..
    Its been a while since the last Get Out trigger see post #1618 page 108 Mid November 2015 Ive since changed the EMA50 to MA50as EMA50 seemed too sensitive.The November warning was a partial failure due to over sensitive EMA50..the first failure since I started using this indicator over 3 years now...My sentiment indicator gives usually a couple of days warning (not this time...shock happening but 2 warnings did trigger).
    The indicator does not indicate how deep the correction could be..
    Thanks Hoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

S&P500 back to about where it was last Friday, and rising

No worries

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

S&P500 just 3% off all time high, and rising

Even the VIX suggests ths could happen withthe next 30 days

No worries

Guru

Yep could happen..re VIX analysis....Also one has to mindful that the VIX is a two edged sword..

Today the SPX closed on/near their major resistance levels

Just depends on how many "get rich quick" merchants got on board during the sell off.....Is there enough of them to affect the SPX when they dump at the next piece of media bad news...and take their profits?

Any idea where sell off points could be?...The FIB Retracement normally measures areas on the price chart when herd behaviour (investors) get the "willies"...FIB RET 38.2% successfully overhauled (~2038).. 61.8% got beaten last night (~2068) but the SPX close is still in that area (2071)..The 61.8% is an area where there is strong both short and long term resistance lines ( 2071 - 2075 )...a big hurdle here
    So..strong buying pressure is needed to break through this 2071 - 2075 area...Any faltering of the price would see profit takers dominate and add reinforcing to make that resistance area stronger and harder to break the next time...

Breakout's???...Its summertime and this time of year usually has low volume...Chances are high that any breakout would be genuine. but have to watch carefully as low volume breakouts do have a chance of being bull traps.

After a breakout?...Another FIB is at 76.4% (~2085) is minor not much resistance around there...2100 long term resistance is a biggee. (Primary Resistance)

So there has to be a lot of buying to get to a new record high...The profit takers will be taking it day by day...remember the VIX (showing increased volatility atm) is a two edged sword.

Long term Fundamentals are playing no part in this current Equity game......been overpriced for a couple of years now...
    Last edited by Hoop; 30-06-2016 at 01:21 PM.