sharetrader
Page 147 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1906
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don't forget these log periodic waves end in finite time singularity (fancy words for 'blow off' / crash I think)

Didier also said this early this year "equities are expensive, and prices have been propped up by central banks’ easing policies. But the big correction, when it comes, will be triggered by a major political or social event induced when bubbles, driven by the QE everywhere, reach maturity and global instability rises.”

I just keeping close eye on things and if it all does happen like this get out quick
    I agree Winner...we have said this and outlined many systemic points of view on the other thread..In theory ..much of the global system (major powers) looked warped due to a few sub systems hijacked by the Central banks..QE is the Fad this century ..QE is regulatory so it blocks communication channels among some of the overall systems nervous system...the longer those channels are blocked the worse the mess ( Overall system correction..Equities is only a small cog in this systemic wheel) when these sub-systems unblock...It would surprise me if the Butterfly Effect happens...

Yep, realise it early and get out quick...thats what is taking up my time on this thread..finding early indicator warnings...never know this researching time may become very valuable at some point in the future..eh?...

Until then lets party
    Last edited by Hoop; 24-10-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Yes Hoop, I think the SPX500 topped and will bottom out in 2016. This is why I think current rally will re-test the Highs but fail to make new Highs. Big buy opportunity coming up

kind regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 24-10-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    Yes Hoop, I think the SPX500 topped and will bottom out in 2016. This is why I think current rally will re-test the Highs but fail to make new Highs. Big buy opportunity coming up

kind regards
    Hi Hoop
    ... of course, the market can power through to new Highs in which case the current long weighted strategy remains unchanged - the rest is playing around with different long/short exposure levels

... important really was not to change the long weighted set-up into the drastic sell-off

kind regards

Guru

A screenshot from MarketWatch today with a 2 page summary on its site

S&P at 2000 tomorrow .... great

Guru

IMHO cheap oil has replaced easy money (QE) Right now its a stand off ,but sooner or later someone will have to blink (as the price is below production costs)and when oil goes back up (with no QE to fall back on) we could see some speed bumps in this easy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    IMHO cheap oil has replaced easy money (QE) Right now its a stand off ,but sooner or later someone will have to blink (as the price is below production costs)and when oil goes back up (with no QE to fall back on) we could see some speed bumps in this easy ride.
    ...agree. oil price behavior unusual. am taking it to be cautious - will look closely at todays liquidity inflow update tonight
    kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    S&P at 2000 tomorrow .... great
    ...forced to make money
    kind regards

...the NDX and SPX500 and ASX200 >super, super overbought in the daily (amazing in a period of just under two weeks) - amazing volitility

...good value in the Asian markets (STILL today)

...would be careful into the weekend, take some profits and run a more balanced trading portfolio - at least after a potential run -up to new Highs tonight. the market needs some sort of consolidation

...JUST IDEAS

kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ...the NDX and SPX500 and ASX200 >super, super overbought in the daily (amazing in a period of just under two weeks) - amazing volitility

...good value in the Asian markets (STILL today)

...would be careful into the weekend, take some profits and run a more balanced trading portfolio - at least after a potential run -up to new Highs tonight. the market needs some sort of consolidation

...JUST IDEAS

kind regards
    amazing, the NDX and SPX500 futures run into new Highs
    taking profit to balance and run a bit of oil 'long' - I mean its not Xmas yet but US election week

kind regards