sharetrader
Page 178 of 191 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1906

As I said before, Madam Janet is doing a great job. In addition, still global central banks want to maintain their loose monitory policy. Definitely, we should see next rate hike in 2017.

Guru

Default Beware: this rally could be a pullback

Attachment 8294
    Need to rise above todays levels to break above the broken support conjunction (now strong resistance)..another drop would confirm todays rally was not a rally but a pullback (second chance to sell out)..Keep in mind that all bullish patterns on the S&P 500 chart got wiped out with Fridays drop...

After the mouse click to enlarge the image It may not be large enough to read the type.. Hit both Ctrl and + buttons on the keyboard together to enlarge image further........Ctrl and - to reduce
    Last edited by Hoop; 13-09-2016 at 08:47 PM.

It was obviously a giant head fake as CNBC called it. One Fed speaker flips & the market sneezed, however its unrealistic I think that the Fed will raise rates before the election and they may even push it our further if Trump gets elected. I can't see markets going too much higher especially with the election looming. Glad I traded right out of my VIX position and took a whopping profit. I might have to reset that one if I get a chance..
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    It was obviously a giant head fake as CNBC called it. One Fed speaker flips & the market sneezed, however its unrealistic I think that the Fed will raise rates before the election and they may even push it our further if Trump gets elected. I can't see markets going too much higher especially with the election looming. Glad I traded right out of my VIX position and took a whopping profit. I might have to reset that one if I get a chance..
    I think the FED may not move...2 results were unexpected..the consensus was for growth to pick up again starting the middle of 2016... the US manufacturing index August results released last week showing a continuing downtrend in expansion and the US non-manufacturing August results released the week before showing a contraction for the first time since 2010...I think these results will be considered bad enough to prevent a rate hike by the FED...See my post #1762 07-09-2016.

I'm not convinced Friday's drop was the news of a possible rate hike this month ...this is old regurgitated news and factored in.....this eery calm spooking the restless herd..could be something else is brewing ...or... .. nothing but herd paranoia (sentiment) and the market may bounce back quickly, a la Brexit...time will tell....

Head fakes don't cause major technical breakdowns
    ..Dayr....Presently the S&P500 and the DOW are technically broken..Mondays "relief rally" did not fix it...the"relief rally" looks more like a pullback than a rally..A pullback is a rise back to near its break price point where the rise then fails ...The market has to break back to repair the technical damage...If it doesn't, then a correction will happen 5% 10% 15% 20% who knows...

Because the market is broken there's a better chance it will fall on Tuesday

Honestly the market is probably due for a correction (healthy?)... it's had a rapid rise since Brexit lows..

Daytr quote .." Glad I traded right out of my VIX position and took a whopping profit. I might have to reset that one if I get a chance.."
    Well done mate ....back "in" tonight are we
    Last edited by Hoop; 13-09-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Just as well this time is different
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/th...6-10?r=US&IR=T
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just as well this time is different
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/th...6-10?r=US&IR=T
    Yeah me too...I've seen plenty of comparision charts over the years... there use to be a very scary 1929 comparsion chart floating around some years ago..

Your post jogged my memory to check my Sentiment warning indicator..I was rather surprised to see that the Get out warning got triggered on the 12th September...Not much drama occurred then so this warning slipped under my radar...

Normally the Sentiment indicator triggers warnings a few days in advance of the drop (except the Brexit was sudden) but this latest warning is a month old and there has been only a mild weakness, however the warning is still active...that's strange!!...

If this weakness turns into a drop, I can say that it shouldn't come as a surprise to investors as they had plenty of warning this time around...

Previous Sentiment Indicator warning chart posted 28th June 2016 Post #1705 (Brexit)

Last edited by Hoop; 13-10-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks for the update on your indicators Hoop.

Looks like it could be a telling night/few days for US markets. Trends being broken - watching 2120 for a break with interest.

Default Next Month may turn bullish

Currently (using the monthly candles) we await a bullish outcome in November based on a potential rising three methods.

Attachment 8374
    We had the breakout above the previous high during the month of July. We still await the fourth candle (long and green hopefully) to satisfy the requirement of the candle pattern. Current red candles are price coming back to find support at the high of 2015.

CaptureSP500Monthly.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

For November to be bullish, expected earnings must not disappoint...

This schedule may be useful (from NZH 21/10/2016)

Earnings schedule for the week of 10/24/2016

11:15 PM Friday Oct 21, 2016

• Major companies tentatively scheduled to post quarterly earnings next week:

• MONDAY
      Restaurant Brands International Inc. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Visa Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.

• TUESDAY
      Caterpillar Inc. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      General Motors Co. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Merck & Co. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.

• WEDNESDAY
      Boeing Co. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Coca Cola Co. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Comcast Corp. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Southwest Airlines Co. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Tesla Motors Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.

THURSDAY
      Aetna Inc. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Altria Group Inc. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Ford Motor Co. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      United Parcel Service Inc. reports quarterly financial results before the market opens.
      Alphabet Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.
      Amazon.com Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.
      Apple Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.
      Twitter Inc. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.

• FRIDAY
      Exxon Mobil Corp. reports quarterly financial results after the market closes.
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-10-2016 at 10:59 PM.

thanks for that Hoop. yes all those things will have an impression but maybe Hillary winning is enough??