sharetrader
Page 148 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1906
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by karlos68 View Post
    Nice to see many in a positive mood

Only 3 weeks ago seemed all were worried.

Oops.... that's right....... everyone except me

Have a good weekend fellas
    Hi Karlos
    Naughty naughty..you can't claim that credit and can't claim knowing other peoples emotional status either...but it was a try Karlos ..As a consolation prize You were right this time on your longer term outlook as it reached a new high so the recent action was a correction rather than cyclic reversal...

.......but did you know that when the indexes reach new highs yesterday..it was abnormal.... historically speaking a record index highs normally sees the majority (80%+) of stocks above their MA200....so far with this new index high the majority of Stocks above their MA200 is only at 58%.....Therefore so far this latest rally is not (yet?) broad based...

Me Worried??..No..I just watch the market moves and post it...My discipline is Technical Analysis which is void of emotion ...Theory says Emotion Kills... and worry is an emotion.

Hope your weekend is still good..
    ohhh.off topic..Have you seen the movie Stretch...I loved it..full of black humour and some bizzarre characters...The "Hoff" played himself as a fictionalised "very rich hit man type "heavy" in a 5 minute appearance..Loved his non stop threatening rant.."..........and do you think I got to where I am now today by starring in Baywatch????............."

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    Yes Hoop, I think the SPX500 topped and will bottom out in 2016. This is why I think current rally will re-test the Highs but fail to make new Highs. Big buy opportunity coming up

kind regards
    ... referring to the big buying opportunity, there is chance that the October Low was it:

>>the next best buying opportunity for the next half a decade (+) since 2008<<<
    kind regards and (keep safe)
    Last edited by ananda77; 03-11-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Still looking good

2100 beckons next week

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Still looking good

2100 beckons next week
    ... now 13 sessions into up-move but looks like some consolidation going forward. However, potential for another test of the October LOW is high -be safe- would never underestimate this potential and position accordingly

kind regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 11-11-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by karlos68 View Post

Duly noted many, many timesYou sound like Spock from Star Trek

I am looking forward to the next correction, wonder if the reasoning will be "Oh no, Japan had just started but now stopped its Q.E. programme, its all over for the DOW"

PS Just kidding fellas.....................
    Got the tools now to predict a correction as seen on this thread ..so I'll let you know when the next one is brewing....

Live long and prosper
    Hoop

Hoop, 2050 next week,a bit of a dip to 2000 and then 2100 by xmas?

That's how I see it anyway

... now 13 sessions into up-move but looks like some consolidation going forward. However, potential for another test of the October LOW is high -be safe- would never underestimate this potential and position accordingly

kind regards
    .... nothing to add to the above, this market feels like close to a Trading Top. Am taking profit into Wednesday 'Close' for a start and see how it develops further... however, long live the secular bull
    kind regsrds

kind regards
    .... nothing to add to the above, this market feels like close to a Trading Top. Am taking profit into Wednesday 'Close' for a start and see how it develops further... however, long live the secular bull
    kind regsrds

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hoop, 2050 next week,a bit of a dip to 2000 and then 2100 by xmas?

That's how I see it anyway
    It seems that way Winner...Mr Market is in a exuberant mood so its still party time...and...they say you're gotta be in to win

Well Hussman is continuing to wring his hands in despair as his fundamental analysis (assuming cycles and mean reversions) is being ignored by Mr Market
    While Mr Market ignores the Fundamentals..Hussman is resorting to use this well worn statement "...Over the short run, market returns are driven by mindset, but ultimately, they are driven by valuation..."

Back to Market Sanity and common sense...Hussman's results are very very scary...and as cycles are cycles there will be at some point in time a mean reversion...
    His ending paragraph... ".... under current conditions, we view the investment environment for stocks as being among a handful of the most hostile points in history...."
    and as it's always the case in an exuberant phase within the last stage bull market cycle ..no one listens or cares..

Hussman Funds Weekly Market Comment 10th November 2014

kind regsrds
    What Secular Bull??
    I'm still in the Secular Bear Market Cycle camp ..I'm one of the unknown plebs within some esteem company..Hussman Shiller, Mauldin and co ...This secular bear market cycle is 14 years old now and it's secular traits is an overall downtrending annualised PE Ratio back to below 10...The ending of this Secular Bear is due to distance back to below 10 it is not time related nor measured by the trending movement in the S&P500 price index ...The Secular Bear Market Cycle is solely measured by the long term trending movement of the annualised PE Ratio...now at 26 and due for the next move down,,,eh?
    Last edited by Hoop; 11-11-2014 at 12:07 PM.

OK Hoop, fair enough. Next time am not gonna mention 'secular'
    kind regards